Information about Demeclocycline
Demeclocycline is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How demeclocycline works
Demeclocycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of demeclocycline
Photosensitivity, Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Demeclocycline
- ₹19 to ₹41Pfizer Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Demeclocycline
- Your doctor has prescribed Demeclocycline to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach, with plenty of water, while you are sitting or standing to prevent any throat irritation.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Discontinue Demeclocycline and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- It may cause dizziness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Demeclocycline affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Demeclocycline
Q. Can I drink milk while taking Demeclocycline?
No, you should avoid using milk and milk products while taking Demeclocycline. Consuming dairy products along with Demeclocycline can decrease its absorption from the stomach, which may lead to inadequate affect of this medicine.
Q. How long after taking Demeclocycline can I eat?
It is best to wait for 2 hours after consuming Demeclocycline. Consuming food along with Demeclocycline may decrease its absorption from the stomach.
Q. Can I take Demeclocycline with food if its causing stomach upset?
Yes, you can take Demeclocycline with food if its causing you stomach upset. However, avoid consuming milk and milk products 1 hr before and 2 hr after taking this medicine.
Q. How long does Demeclocycline takes to work?
Usually, Demeclocycline starts working soon after taking it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
Q. Can the use of Demeclocycline cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Demeclocycline can cause diarrhea. It is an antibiotic which kills the harmful bacteria. However, it also affects the helpful bacteria in your stomach or intestine and causes diarrhea. If diarrhea persists, talk to your doctor about it.