Information about Demeclocycline
Demeclocycline is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How demeclocycline works
Demeclocycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of demeclocycline
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Demeclocycline
- ₹19 to ₹41Pfizer Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Demeclocycline
- Your doctor has prescribed Demeclocycline to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Take Demeclocycline with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach and acid reflux.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Do not take calcium, antacids or iron at least 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking Demeclocycline.
- Discontinue Demeclocycline and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
Frequently asked questions for Demeclocycline
Q. How long does Demeclocycline take to work?
It appears that Demeclocycline takes 3-4 hours to work and half of the drug is eliminated in 12 hours.