Information about Doxycycline
How Doxycycline works
Doxycycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Doxycycline
Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Doxycycline
MinicyclineShreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
DoxificGufic Bioscience Ltd
LenteclinAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Codox-LComed Chemicals Ltd
NeeBennet Pharmaceuticals Limited
DoxypalJagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd
NabBennet Pharmaceuticals Limited
DoxtDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹14 to ₹5403 variant(s)
Dox MMoraceae Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹12 to ₹453 variant(s)
DoxylebLeben Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Doxycycline
- Your doctor has prescribed Doxycycline to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Take it with food and plenty of water to avoid stomach upset.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it while you are sitting or standing, to prevent any throat irritation. Do not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking Doxycycline.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and use sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.