Information about Doxycycline
Doxycycline is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Doxycycline works
Doxycycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Doxycycline
Photosensitivity, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Doxycycline
MinicyclineShreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
DoxificGufic Bioscience Ltd
CodoxComed Chemicals Ltd
LenteclinAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Codox-LComed Chemicals Ltd
NeeBennet Pharmaceuticals Limited
DoxypalJagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd
NabBennet Pharmaceuticals Limited
DoxtDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹14 to ₹752 variant(s)
Dox MMoraceae Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹12 to ₹453 variant(s)
Expert advice for Doxycycline
- Your doctor has prescribed Doxycycline to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- It may cause dizziness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Doxycycline affects you.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Discontinue Doxycycline and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and use sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors.
- Take it while you are sitting or standing, to prevent any throat irritation. Do not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking Doxycycline.
- Take it with food and plenty of water to avoid stomach upset.