food interaction for ROSUMAC
alcohol interaction for ROSUMAC
pregnancy interaction for ROSUMAC
lactation interaction for ROSUMAC
Avoid Rosumac 40 mg tablet with high-fat meals such as olive oil, nuts & seeds (Brazil nuts), dark chocolate, butter and meat.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ROSUMAC
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ROSUMAC 40 MG TABLET
Patients taking ROSUMAC 40 MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ROSUMAC
- ROSUVAS 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 43.65/tabletRs. 436.50pay 64% more per tablet
- ROZAVEL 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 40/tabletRs. 400pay 50% more per tablet
- NOVASTAT 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 41.70/tabletRs. 417pay 57% more per tablet
- ROSEDAY 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 40.70/tabletRs. 406.97pay 53% more per tablet
- CRESTOR 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Astra ZenecaRs. 51.10/tabletRs. 511pay 92% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for ROSUMAC
- Watch out for Muscle Symptoms. Please consult your doctor if you have any unexplained muscle pain,weakness or tenderness.
- Liver enzyme monitoring. Monitor liver enzymes before and after treatment. It can increase liver enzymes.
- Consult your doctor if you notice dark urine or yellowing of eyes or skin.
- It can cause or worsen diabetes so appropiate precautions should be taken
- Do not take antacids for atleast 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Do not take rosuvastatin if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to rosuvastatin or any of the other ingredients of rosuvastatin.
- Do not take this drug if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for ROSUMAC
Q.Is rosuvastatin lipophilic?
No. It is hydrophilic in nature
Q.Is rosuvastatin safe?
Rosuvastatin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is rosuvastatin gluten free?
Yes, rosuvastatin is gluten fre
Q.Is rosuvastatin better than simvastatin?
Rosuvastatin is better than simvastatin as this is longer acting, more potent and has less side effects. Although, Rosuvastatinand simvastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action