food interaction for OXAMINE
alcohol interaction for OXAMINE
pregnancy interaction for OXAMINE
lactation interaction for OXAMINE
medicine interaction for OXAMINE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR OXAMINE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR OXAMINE
- AMOLIFE 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)La PharmaceuticalsRs. 5.35/tabletRs. 53.50pay 18% more per tablet
- DEMOLOX 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Pfizer LtdRs. 4.38/tabletRs. 43.80save 3% more per tablet
- KAMIPOX 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)KC LaboratoriesRs. 3.88/tabletRs. 38.76save 14% more per tablet
- AMOLOX 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Tripada Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 4.57/tabletRs. 45.71pay 1% more per tablet
- DEPILOX 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Consern Pharma P LtdRs. 4.49/tabletRs. 44.87save 1% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR OXAMINE
- Caution must be exercised as amoxapine use is associated with increased suicidal ideation and tendencies in children and young adolescent.
- Avoid long term use of amoxapine as it may cause tardive dyskinesia (disorder resulting in involuntary, repetitive body movements).
- Do not change your dose or stop taking amoxapine, even if you are feeling well, as this may worsen your symptoms.
- Use of amoxapine may cause dizziness/ drowsiness; it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery under such circumstances till you feel fine.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it may worsen the side effects (dizziness/drowsiness).
- Do not start or consult a doctor if you are being treated with electroshock therapy, have epilepsy, psychosis, increased intraocular pressure or history of urinary retention.
- Inform your doctor that you are taking amoxapine if you are or planning to undergo a surgery including dental surgery,
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR OXAMINE
Q. What are the uses of amoxapine?
Amoxapine is used for the treatment of depression
Q. How does amoxapine work?
It acts by increasing the amount of chemicals (norepinephrine and serotonin) that is required to maintain normal mental balance
Q. Does amoxapine cause weight gain?
Amoxapine causes change in weight (increase or decrease).