Information about Procarbazine
Procarbazine is used in the treatment of Hodgkin’s disease.
How procarbazine works
Procarbazine belongs to a group of medicines called antineoplastic alkylating agents. It works by inhibiting protein, RNA, and DNA synthesis, which helps to stop the growth of cancer cells in the body..
Common side effects of procarbazine
Nausea, Vomiting, Decreased appetite
Available Medicine for Procarbazine
- ₹320Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹328Vhb Life Sciences Inc1 variant(s)
- ₹3200Vhb Life Sciences Inc1 variant(s)
- ₹350Miracalus Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹360Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Procarbazine
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from severe hepatic or kidney disease, any disorder of the heart or circulation, have a tumor on the adrenal gland, causing high blood pressure, epilepsy (fits) or had stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you have severe leucopenia or thrombocytopenia from any cause.
- Take precautions as Procarbazine may lower the ability of your body to fight infections making you susceptible to infections.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as Procarbazine may cause drowsiness.
- You may need to regularly check and monitor blood counts due to the possibility of bone-marrow suppression with Procarbazine therapy.
- Do not take any live vaccines during or within at least 6 months of treatment with Procarbazine.