Information about Chlordiazepoxide
How Chlordiazepoxide works
Chlordiazepoxide is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of a chemical messenger (GABA) which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Chlordiazepoxide
Confusion, Dizziness, Fatigue, Sedation, Sleepiness, Unsteadiness, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Balance disorder (loss of balance)
Severe side effects of Chlordiazepoxide
Jaundice, Respiratory depression, Increased appetite, Increased bilirubin in the blood, Increased transaminase level in blood, Increased alkaline phosphatase level in blood, Anterograde amnesia, Drug dependence, Psychiatric disturbances, Paradoxical reactions
Available Medicine for Chlordiazepoxide
EquilibriumJagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹34 to ₹552 variant(s)
AnxonA N Pharmacia
₹33 to ₹442 variant(s)
TribriumShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹22 to ₹232 variant(s)
VizepKivi Labs Ltd
₹22 to ₹272 variant(s)
₹18 to ₹272 variant(s)
AnxibriumTheo Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹22 to ₹322 variant(s)
AlbiumIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
RaipoxDensa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
EquiliserHaryana Formulations Pvt Ltd
₹13 to ₹303 variant(s)
Expert advice for Chlordiazepoxide
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of this medicine is very high. Take it only as per the dose and duration advised by your doctor
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase dizziness and drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as that may lead to nausea, anxiety, agitation, flu-like symptoms, sweating, tremor, and confusion.