Information about Chlordiazepoxide
Chlordiazepoxide is used in the treatment of severe anxiety.
How Chlordiazepoxide works
Chlordiazepoxide is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of a chemical messenger (GABA) which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Chlordiazepoxide
Confusion, Drowsiness, Uncoordinated body movements
Available Medicine for Chlordiazepoxide
₹58 to ₹1623 variant(s)
EquilibriumJagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹31 to ₹552 variant(s)
AnxonA N Pharmacia
₹33 to ₹442 variant(s)
TribriumShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹22 to ₹232 variant(s)
VizepKivi Labs Ltd
₹22 to ₹272 variant(s)
₹18 to ₹272 variant(s)
AlbiumIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
AnxibriumTheo Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹22 to ₹322 variant(s)
Anxon HA N Pharmacia
Expert advice for Chlordiazepoxide
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of this medicine is very high. Take it only as per the dose and duration advised by your doctor
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase dizziness and drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as that may lead to nausea, anxiety, agitation, flu-like symptoms, sweating, tremor, and confusion.