Information about Trihexyphenidyl
How Trihexyphenidyl works
Trihexyphenidyl is an anticholinergic medication. It works by decreasing the activity of a chemical messenger (acetylcholine) in the brain. This improves muscle control and reduces stiffness in Parkinson's disease. It also improves movement disorder (restlessness, involuntary movements or muscle spasm) caused by certain other medicines.
Common side effects of Trihexyphenidyl
Dryness in mouth, Nausea, Vomiting, Constipation, Blurred vision, Dizziness, Upset stomach, Headache, Difficulty in urination, Nervousness
Available Medicine for Trihexyphenidyl
ParkinMicro Labs Ltd
₹13 to ₹232 variant(s)
BexolIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹13 to ₹1353 variant(s)
TremnilShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Tri EXTas Med India Pvt Ltd
MovahexyMova Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
₹33 to ₹592 variant(s)
ParkintaArinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd
DyskinilCrescent Therapeutics Ltd
BarohexyBaroda Pharma Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Trihexyphenidyl
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- It may cause dry eyes. Avoid wearing contact lenses and inform your doctor if it bothers you.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Monitoring of intraocular pressure is required while taking this medicine, as an increase in eye pressure may cause blurry vision.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from glaucoma or if you have trouble passing urine.