Information about Amoxapine
Amoxapine is used in the treatment of depression. It is used in patients intolerant of or unresponsive to alternative treatment options for depression.
How Amoxapine works
Amoxapine is a tricyclic antidepressant. It increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects of Amoxapine
Weight gain, Dryness in mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Difficulty in urination, Increased heart rate, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Constipation, Parkinsonism, Akathisia (inability to stay still), Dystonia (involuntary muscle contractions), Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Drowsiness
Available Medicine for Amoxapine
₹58 to ₹1072 variant(s)
₹43 to ₹812 variant(s)
₹77 to ₹842 variant(s)
OxcapSunrise Remedies Pvt Ltd
₹45 to ₹802 variant(s)
DepsacTheo Pharma Pvt Ltd
A PinePsycogen Captab
₹49 to ₹992 variant(s)
₹38 to ₹722 variant(s)
AxepineCNX Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹85 to ₹1892 variant(s)
Expert advice for Amoxapine
- You have been prescribed Amoxapine for the treatment of depression.
- Drink plenty of fluids as it may cause dehydration and constipation.
- Monitor your weight during the treatment as Amoxapine can cause weight gain and increased appetite.
- It may cause sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how Amoxapine affects you.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes, unusual movements or develop suicidal thoughts.