food interaction for METOZIDE
alcohol interaction for METOZIDE
pregnancy interaction for METOZIDE
lactation interaction for METOZIDE
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for METOZIDE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for METOZIDE
- ZYTANIX 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 20.65/tabletRs. 206.50pay 97% more per tablet
- METOZ 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 16.21/tabletRs. 162.09pay 54% more per tablet
- DIUREM 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 10.02/tabletRs. 100.15save 5% more per tablet
- METOLAZ 5 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 12.85/tabletRs. 128.47pay 22% more per tablet
- ZALAT 5 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.34/tabletRs. 103.38save 2% more per tablet
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for METOZIDE
- Do not take metolazone tablets, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to sulfa drugs, thiazides, any other medications, metolazone or any of the other ingredients of metolazone tablet.
- Do not take metolazone, if you are unable to urinate; if you have precoma or are in a coma caused by severe liver disease; if you have kidney or liver problem.
- Avoid using metolazone, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor, if you have or ever had diabetes, gout, low blood sodium or potassium levels, systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking metolazone.
Frequently asked questions for METOZIDE
Q.Is metolazone potassium sparing diuretic/ loop diuretic/ beta blocker/ steroid/narcotic?
Metolazone belongs to the group of medicines called quinazoline and thiazide-like diuretic and it is not potassium sparing diuretic/ loop diuretic/ beta blocker/ steroid/narcotic
Q.Is metolazone discontinued?
No, metolazone is not discontinued
Q.Is metolazone stronger than Lasix?
Metolazone and furosemide (Lasix) belongs to same category of drugs (diuretics), but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Can you take metolazone with Lasix?
Metolazone and furosemide (Lasix) may sometimes be prescribed, but these combinations can lead to dehydration and electrolyte abnormalities. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does metolazone contain sulfa?
Yes, it contains sulfa. Chemically it is called as 7-chloro-2-methyl-4-oxo-3-o-tolyl-1, 2, 3, 4-tetrahydroquinazoline-6-sulfonamide
Q.Does metolazone get you high/ deplete potassium?
Metolazone causing the above side effects is uncommon or rare. However consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Does metolazone appear in breast milk?
Yes, metolazone gets excreted in breast milk. Patient should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.How long does metolazone take to work?
It depends upon disease condition and lot of other factors. Patient should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.