Information about Loperamide
Loperamide is used in the treatment of diarrhea. It should not be used in patients with dysentery (diarrhea with blood).
How Loperamide works
Loperamide is an anti-diarrhoeal medication. It works by slowing down the contraction of the intestines thereby decreasing the speed at which the contents pass through it. This allows more time for reabsorption of fluids and nutrients, making the stools more solid and less frequent.
Common side effects of Loperamide
Constipation, Nausea, Stomach cramp, Headache, Stomach pain
Available Medicine for Loperamide
EldoperMicro Labs Ltd
₹39 to ₹4002 variant(s)
LopamideTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Lomofen PlusRPG Life Sciences Ltd
AndialVeritaz Healthcare Ltd
₹11 to ₹242 variant(s)
Sestil ADVanguard Therapeutics Pvt Ltd
LomidAgron Remedies Pvt Ltd
LopramacMac Millon Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
LoramylAdonis Laboratories Pvt Ltd
LopidusZydus Healthcare Limited
₹5 to ₹62 variant(s)
Expert advice for Loperamide
- You have been prescribed Loperamide for the treatment of diarrhea.
- Diarrhea can cause water loss and electrolyte imbalance. Drink plenty of fluids to help keep you hydrated.
- Consult your doctor if your diarrhea lasts for more than 48 hours.
- Do not use Loperamide if you have blood in your stool or if you are severely constipated.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Loperamide can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Stop taking the medication as soon as your symptoms are relieved.