Information about Dexamethasone
How Dexamethasone works
Dexamethasone is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of Dexamethasone
Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Mood changes
Available Medicine for Dexamethasone
₹3 to ₹104 variant(s)
DexasoneCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹1 to ₹72 variant(s)
DecamycinSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹5 to ₹302 variant(s)
DexonilRedson Laboratories Pvt Ltd
DemisoneCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹2 to ₹153 variant(s)
DexajectSterkem Pharma Pvt Ltd
Low-DexSyntho Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
DexalabLaborate Pharmaceuticals India Ltd
₹15 to ₹382 variant(s)
Dex ZDivine Lifecare Pvt Ltd
RavicortRavian Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Dexamethasone
- Dexamethasone helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Dexamethasone can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Dexamethasone. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Dexamethasone suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.