Information about Dexamethasone
Dexamethasone is used in the treatment of allergic disorders, severe allergic reaction, asthma, cancer, rheumatic disorder, skin disorders, eye disorders and nephrotic syndrome.
How dexamethasone works
Dexamethasone belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids. It prevents late phase allergic reactions by preventing release of chemicals responsible for allergy..
Common side effects of dexamethasone
Electrolyte imbalance, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Increased risk of infection, Muscle disorders, Increased blood pressure, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Behavioural changes, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract
Available Medicine for Dexamethasone
- ₹3 to ₹6Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹1 to ₹6Wockhardt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹63Redson Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9Sterkem Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5 to ₹31Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2 to ₹16Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹72Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries3 variant(s)
- ₹75Divine Lifecare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2 to ₹44Zydus Cadila5 variant(s)
- ₹2 to ₹12Wockhardt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dexamethasone
- It is a steroid medicine which works well for many different conditions, including serious illnesses.
- Take regularly to gain maximum benefit.
- Do not discontinue unless advised by your doctor. You may need to decrease the dose gradually.
- You may get side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems. Notify your doctor if you get them.
- Some side effects may occur after weeks or months. These include weakness of arms and legs, or developing a rounder face.
- Your risk of getting an infection may become higher. Tell your doctor immediately if you have a fever, flu-like symptoms, cough, painful urination, or a wound that does not heal.