Information about Dexamethasone
Dexamethasone is used for allergic conditions, severe allergic reactions, asthma, cancer, rheumatic disorder, skin disorders, eye disorders and nephrotic syndrome.
How dexamethasone works
Dexamethasone is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of dexamethasone
Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Mood changes
Available Medicine for Dexamethasone
- ₹4 to ₹11Zydus Cadila4 variant(s)
- ₹1 to ₹8Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹5 to ₹31Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹63Redson Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2 to ₹16Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹5Sterkem Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹72Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries3 variant(s)
- ₹11Syntho Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹80Divine Lifecare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9Ravian Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dexamethasone
- Dexamethasone helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Dexamethasone can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Dexamethasone. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Dexamethasone suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.