Information about Dexamethasone
Dexamethasone is used in the treatment of allergy symptoms, severe allergic reactions, asthma, cancer, rheumatic disorder, skin disorders, eye disorders and nephrotic syndrome.
How dexamethasone works
Dexamethasone belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids. It prevents late phase allergic reactions by preventing release of chemicals responsible for allergy..
Common side effects of dexamethasone
Electrolyte imbalance, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Increased risk of infection, Muscle disorders, Increased blood pressure, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Behavioural changes, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract
Available Medicine for Dexamethasone
- ₹3 to ₹9Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹63Redson Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5Sterkem Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5 to ₹31Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹37Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹72Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries3 variant(s)
- ₹80Divine Lifecare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2 to ₹12Wockhardt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9Ravian Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9Parenteral Drugs India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dexamethasone
- Take with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Dose is decreased or tapered over time.
- Most side effects occur with high doses and on long-term use.
- Your risk of getting an infection may become higher. Tell your doctor immediately if you have a fever, flu-like symptoms, cough, painful urination, or a wound that does not heal.