Information about Dexamethasone
Dexamethasone is used in the treatment of allergic disorders, severe allergic reaction, asthma, cancer, rheumatic disorder, skin disorders, eye disorders and nephrotic syndrome.
How dexamethasone works
Dexamethasone belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids. It prevents late phase allergic reactions by preventing release of chemicals responsible for allergy..
Common side effects of dexamethasone
Electrolyte imbalance, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Increased risk of infection, Muscle disorders, Increased blood pressure, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Behavioural changes, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract
Available Medicine for Dexamethasone
- ₹3 to ₹6Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹1 to ₹6Wockhardt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹24303Allergan India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹63Redson Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9Sterkem Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5 to ₹34Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2 to ₹16Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹72Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries3 variant(s)
- ₹75Divine Lifecare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2 to ₹44Zydus Cadila5 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dexamethasone
- Do not use dexamethasone, if you are allergic to it in case of eye drops, do not touch the tip of dispenser to an eye or eyelid.
- Do not use dexamethasone eye drops if you have glaucoma or diabetes.
- Do not stop using dexamethasone suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
- Talk to your doctor about how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when stopping the medication.
- Do not use dexamethasone oral solution:you have a fungal infection that affects entire body if you have a stomach or duodenal ulcer.
- Consult your doctor before taking dexamethasone oral solution, if you have kidney or liver problems or if you have high blood pressure, heart disease or you have recently had a heart attack.