Substitutes for LITHOX TABLET
Medicine Overview of LITHOX TABLET
Side effects of LITHOX TABLET
Tremor, Slurred speech, Uncoordinated body movements, Nausea, Acne, Increased white blood cell count, Memory impairment, Hair loss, Enlarged thyroid gland, Skin rash, Increased thirst, Weight gain, Polyuria, Diarrhoea.
How to use LITHOX TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Lithox 300mg tablet with food.
How LITHOX TABLET works
Lithox 300mg tablet works by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on LITHOX TABLET
Expert advice for LITHOX TABLET
- Your doctor may ask you to continue Lithium for a long time. You must not stop taking it or change the dose, without speaking to your doctor first.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is within 4 hours of the next dose, skip the missed dose (about 6 hours in the case of extended- or slow-release preparations). Never double up doses.
- Despite your inconvenience and discomfort, your Lithium blood levels, thyroid function, and kidney function need to be monitored as long as you take Lithium.
- During treatment with Lithium, it is recommended that you drink about 2 to 3 liter of fluid daily and use normal amounts of salt. Inform your doctor if you start or stop a low-salt diet.
- Avoid sudden change in your diet or fluid intake. If you do go on a diet, your doctor may need to increase the frequency of blood tests.
- Do not start any medicine including herbal or ayurvedic without telling your doctor. As it may significantly change the Lithium levels.
- Caffeine and alcohol act as diuretics and can lower your Lithium concentrations.
- If you engage in vigorous exercise or have an illness that causes sweating, vomiting, or diarrhoea, consult your doctor because these might affect Lithium levels.
- Nausea, constipation, shakiness, increased thirst, frequent urination, weight gain, or swelling of the extremities should be reported to your doctor. Your doctor may adjust the dose.
- Blurred vision, confusion, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, vomiting, muscle weakness, lethargy, shakiness, slurred speech, dizziness, loss of balance, inability to urinate, or seizure could indicate severe toxicity and should prompt immediate medical attention.
Special precautions for LITHOX 300MG TABLET
Lithox 300mg tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Lithox 300mg tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Lithox 300mg tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Lithium is contraindicated in patients with severe renal insufficiency.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
CORDARONE 150MG INJECTION 3ML, DURON 100MG TABLET, OLSERTAIN 40MG TABLET, SERENACE 5MG INJECTION 1ML
Frequently asked questions for LITHOX 300MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Lithium
Q. Can I take lithium for depression, anxiety?
Lithium can be taken to treat depression and anxiety. Do consult your doctor before use
Q. What can I take with lithium for a headache or pain?
Acetaminophen or aspirin can be taken with lithium for headache or pain. Do consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take lithium with ibuprofen, Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Benadryl?
Lithium when taken with ibuprofen, fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft) or Benadryl can lead to increased side effects. Do consult your doctor before use
Q. Does lithium cause weight gain, acne, constipation, make you tired or make you high?
Lithium can cause weight gain, acne, constipation, make you tired. Lithium does not make you high.