Information about Haloperidol
Haloperidol is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How Haloperidol works
Haloperidol is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
Common side effects of Haloperidol
Constipation, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Sleepiness, Tremors, Dizziness, Extrapyramidal symptoms, Rash, Anticholinergic effects, Visual disturbance
Available Medicine for Haloperidol
HalidaceBaroda Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹7 to ₹455 variant(s)
HexidolTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹16 to ₹423 variant(s)
₹16 to ₹383 variant(s)
Benzydol PLa Pharmaceuticals
₹13 to ₹413 variant(s)
HelinaseTas Med India Pvt Ltd
₹7 to ₹264 variant(s)
HalobidCrescent Therapeutics Ltd
₹12 to ₹495 variant(s)
₹18 to ₹342 variant(s)
HplA N Pharmacia
₹20 to ₹333 variant(s)
₹11 to ₹343 variant(s)
₹50 to ₹772 variant(s)
Expert advice for Haloperidol
- Haloperidol helps treat schizophrenia.
- It is less likely to cause weight gain as compared to other similar medicines.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Haloperidol may cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine as it can cause increased dizziness.
- Inform your doctor if you experience any abnormal movements or have difficulty controlling movements.
- It may affect how your body regulates your temperature. Avoid getting dehydrated and drink plenty of fluids.
- Your doctor may check your heart function and level of electrolytes such as sodium and magnesium before you start treatment with this medicine and regularly thereafter.
- Do not stop taking Haloperidol without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.