Information about Hydroxyzine
Hydroxyzine is used in the treatment of Allergic disorders.
How hydroxyzine works
Hydroxyzine is an antihistamine. It blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergic reactions.
Common side effects of hydroxyzine
Available Medicine for Hydroxyzine
- ₹30 to ₹77Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹49Mankind Pharma Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹52Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹50Yash Pharma Laboratories Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹44Palsons Derma3 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹55Talent India3 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹40Psychotropics India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹58Kivi Labs Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹42Organic Laboratories4 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹49Canixa Life Sciences Pvt4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Hydroxyzine
- Avoid driving or operating dangerous machinery as it may decrease alertness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Hydroxyzine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions for Hydroxyzine
Q. Is Hydroxyzine hydrochloride a steroid/ narcotic/ benzo/ pain killer /addictive?
Hydroxyzine is an antihistaminic drug and not a steroid/ narcotic/ benzo/ pain killer/ addictive. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is Hydroxyzine a controlled substance/ over the counter (OTC)?
No, Hydroxyzine is not a controlled substance. It is available from a pharmacy on providing a doctor's prescription.