Information about Hydroxyzine
Hydroxyzine is used in the treatment of Anxiety and Skin conditions with inflammation & itching.
How Hydroxyzine works
Hydroxyzine is an antihistaminic medication. In allergy, it works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (histamine). This relieves allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes. In short-term anxiety, it works by decreasing the activity in brain, thereby helping you feel relaxed/sleepy.
Common side effects of Hydroxyzine
Sedation, Nausea, Vomiting, Upset stomach, Constipation
Available Medicine for Hydroxyzine
AtaraxDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹18 to ₹4037 variant(s)
HicopeMankind Pharma Ltd
₹36 to ₹715 variant(s)
PrugoOaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹37 to ₹3614 variant(s)
PruYash Pharma Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹33 to ₹594 variant(s)
₹26 to ₹723 variant(s)
₹31 to ₹763 variant(s)
HydilPsychotropics India Ltd
₹14 to ₹3024 variant(s)
PrutripKivi Labs Ltd
₹22 to ₹382 variant(s)
HynoraxBennet Pharmaceuticals Limited
₹26 to ₹494 variant(s)
₹26 to ₹514 variant(s)
Expert advice for Hydroxyzine
- You have been prescribed Hydroxyzine to treat allergy symptoms such as such as itching, swelling, and rashes or relieve/treat mild anxiety.
- May decrease your alertness. Avoid driving or using machinery if this happens to you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol when taking the Hydroxyzine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have a heart disease as Hydroxyzine may increase the risk of heart problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.