Information about Hydroxyzine
Hydroxyzine is used in the treatment of allergic skin conditions and anxiety.
How hydroxyzine works
Hydroxyzine is an antihistaminic medication. It treats allergy symptoms such as such as itching, swelling, and rashes by blocking the effects of a chemical messenger (histamine) in the body. It is also used to control anxiety.
Common side effects of hydroxyzine
Available Medicine for Hydroxyzine
- ₹15 to ₹275Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹52Mankind Pharma Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹52Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹60Yash Pharma Laboratories Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹53Palsons Derma3 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹55Talent India3 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹45Psychotropics India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹56Kivi Labs Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹52Organic Laboratories4 variant(s)
- ₹192A N Pharmacia1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Hydroxyzine
- You have been prescribed Hydroxyzine to treat allergy symptoms such as such as itching, swelling, and rashes or relieve/treat mild anxiety.
- Inform your doctor if you have a heart disease as Hydroxyzine may increase the risk of heart problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- May decrease your alertness. Avoid driving or using machinery if this happens to you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol when taking the Hydroxyzine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions for Hydroxyzine
Q. Is Hydroxyzine hydrochloride a steroid/ narcotic/ benzo/ pain killer /addictive?
Hydroxyzine is an antihistaminic drug and not a steroid/ narcotic/ benzo/ pain killer/ addictive. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is Hydroxyzine a controlled substance/ over the counter (OTC)?
No, Hydroxyzine is not a controlled substance. It is available from a pharmacy on providing a doctor's prescription.