Information about Hydroxyzine
How hydroxyzine works
Hydroxyzine is an antihistaminic medication. In allergy, it works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (histamine). This relieves allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes. In short-term anxiety, it works by decreasing the activity in brain, thereby helping you feel relaxed/sleepy.
Common side effects of hydroxyzine
Sedation, Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach upset, Constipation, Diarrhea, Loss of appetite
Available Medicine for Hydroxyzine
- ₹15 to ₹303Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹52Mankind Pharma Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹57Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹60Yash Pharma Laboratories Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹55Talent India3 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹53Palsons Derma3 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹45Psychotropics India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹32Kivi Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹50Bennet Pharmaceuticals Limited3 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹52Organic Laboratories4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Hydroxyzine
- You have been prescribed Hydroxyzine to treat allergy symptoms such as such as itching, swelling, and rashes or relieve/treat mild anxiety.
- Inform your doctor if you have a heart disease as Hydroxyzine may increase the risk of heart problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- May decrease your alertness. Avoid driving or using machinery if this happens to you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol when taking the Hydroxyzine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions for Hydroxyzine
Q. Is Hydroxyzine hydrochloride a steroid/ narcotic/ benzo/ pain killer /addictive?
Hydroxyzine is an antihistaminic drug and not a steroid/ narcotic/ benzo/ pain killer/ addictive. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is Hydroxyzine a controlled substance/ over the counter (OTC)?
No, Hydroxyzine is not a controlled substance. It is available from a pharmacy on providing a doctor's prescription.