Medicine Overview of Litca Tablet
Side effects of Litca Tablet
Tremor, Slurred speech, Uncoordinated body movements, Nausea, Acne, Increased white blood cell count, Memory impairment, Hair loss, Enlarged thyroid gland, Skin rash, Increased thirst, Weight gain, Polyuria, Diarrhoea.
How to use Litca Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Litca 300mg Tablet with food.
How Litca Tablet works
Litca 300mg tablet works by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Litca Tablet
Expert advice for Litca Tablet
- Your doctor may ask you to continue Litca for a long time. You must not stop taking it or change the dose, without speaking to your doctor first.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is within 4 hours of the next dose, skip the missed dose (about 6 hours in the case of extended- or slow-release preparations). Never double up doses.
- Despite your inconvenience and discomfort, your Litca blood levels, thyroid function, and kidney function need to be monitored as long as you take Litca.
- During treatment with Litca, it is recommended that you drink about 2 to 3 liter of fluid daily and use normal amounts of salt. Inform your doctor if you start or stop a low-salt diet.
- Avoid sudden change in your diet or fluid intake. If you do go on a diet, your doctor may need to increase the frequency of blood tests.
- Do not start any medicine including herbal or ayurvedic without telling your doctor. As it may significantly change the Litca levels.
- Caffeine and alcohol act as diuretics and can lower your Litca concentrations.
- If you engage in vigorous exercise or have an illness that causes sweating, vomiting, or diarrhoea, consult your doctor because these might affect Litca levels.
- Nausea, constipation, shakiness, increased thirst, frequent urination, weight gain, or swelling of the extremities should be reported to your doctor. Your doctor may adjust the dose.
- Blurred vision, confusion, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, vomiting, muscle weakness, lethargy, shakiness, slurred speech, dizziness, loss of balance, inability to urinate, or seizure could indicate severe toxicity and should prompt immediate medical attention.
Special precautions for Litca 300mg Tablet
Litca 300mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Litca 300mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Litca 300mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Litca 300mg Tablet may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Litca 300mg Tablet may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures)....
Litca 300mg Tablet may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Litca 300mg Tablet may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures).
Litca 300mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Litca 300mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Litca 300mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Litca 300mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Litca 300mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with+more
liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Litca 300mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Eurythmic 150mg Injection, Paliris 6mg Tablet, Olsertain 40mg Tablet, R Pril 1.25mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Litca 300mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Lithium
Litca can be taken to treat depression and anxiety. Do consult your doctor before use
Acetaminophen or aspirin can be taken with Litca for headache or pain. Do consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take lithium with ibuprofen, Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Benadryl?
Lithium when taken with ibuprofen, fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft) or Benadryl can lead to increased side effects. Do consult your doctor before use
Litca can cause weight gain, acne, constipation, make you tired. Litca does not make you high.
User Submitted Feedback For Litca 300mg Tablet
Patients taking Litca 300mg Tablet
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 3
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Litca 300mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Litca Tablet
Licab 300mg Tablet
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Lithosun 300mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Intalith 300mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Litholent 300mg Tablet
Lithicab 300mg Tablet
Tas Med India Pvt Ltd