Medicine Overview of Kivipride Tablet
Side effects of Kivipride Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Dryness in mouth, Constipation, Weight gain, Decreased blood pressure, Dystonia, Akathisia, Parkinsonism, Increased prolactin level in blood.
How to use Kivipride Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Kivipride 100mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Kivipride Tablet works
Kivipride 100mg Tablet is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Kivipride Tablet
Expert advice for Kivipride Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease, have ever had fits (epileptic seizures), Parkinson’s disease, or suffering from dementia.
- Inform your doctor if you have/have a family history of heart disease, uneven heart rate, slow heartbeat, heart disease/condition called prolonged QT interval, stroke, diabetes, blood clots, low levels of potassium in blood, low levels of white blood cells in blood (agranulocytosis).
- Do not drive or operate machinery as amisulpride can cause drowsiness.
- Do not consume alcohol while on this treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not stop amisulpride suddenly as it may increase the side effects.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe any of these symptoms: severe allergic reaction (with rash, itchy skin, swollen face, tongue or other body parts); blood clots; fit (seizure).
- Tell your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Kivipride Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Kivipride Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Kivipride 100mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Kivipride 100mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
You may feel less alert, drowsy or sleepy while taking this medicine. This may affect your driving ability....
You may feel less alert, drowsy or sleepy while taking this medicine. This may affect your driving ability.
Kivipride 100mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Kivipride 100mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Kivipride 100mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Kivipride 100mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Kivipride 100mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients w+more
ith liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Kivipride 100mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Itragreat 100mg Capsule, Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Adamon 100mg Injection
Frequently asked questions about Kivipride Tablet
Frequently asked questions about Amisulpride
Kivipride is not addictive. However do follow your doctor’s instructions about dosage and duration of this treatment. It is not a controlled drug
Yes. Kivipride is an atypical antipsychotic
Kivipride is known to cause weight gain. Consult your doctor if you observe weight gain after taking Kivipride
It may take several weeks for a patient to get benefited from Kivipride treatment. Consult your doctor if you observe no improvement in your symptoms after six to eight weeks of treatment.
Substitutes for Kivipride Tablet
Amimind 100mg Tablet
Sulpidon 100mg Tablet
Arinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd
Amipheral 100mg Tablet
Vanprom Lifesciences Pvt Ltd
Lokpam 100mg Tablet
Skizotus 100mg Tablet
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd