Information about Ondansetron
How Ondansetron works
Ondansetron is an antiemetic medication. It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (serotonin) in the brain that may cause nausea and vomiting during anti-cancer treatment (chemotherapy) or after surgery.
Common side effects of Ondansetron
Fatigue, Headache, Constipation, Diarrhea, Hypoxia (decreased oxygen level in blood)
Available Medicine for Ondansetron
OndemAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹13 to ₹1087 variant(s)
VomikindMankind Pharma Ltd
₹11 to ₹1519 variant(s)
₹25 to ₹2618 variant(s)
PerisetIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹12 to ₹746 variant(s)
ZoferSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹12 to ₹1087 variant(s)
EmigoZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹12 to ₹535 variant(s)
EmefilmDelvin Formulations Pvt Ltd
₹286 to ₹3302 variant(s)
EternaBlue Cross Laboratories Ltd
₹29 to ₹323 variant(s)
IsvGalpha Laboratories Ltd
₹11 to ₹473 variant(s)
OndamacMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹15 to ₹473 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ondansetron
- You have been prescribed Ondansetron for prevention of nausea and vomiting caused after surgery or due to chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Unlike some other nausea medicines, the side effects for Ondansetron are relatively mild.
- It comes in many different forms that do not need to be swallowed, such as a film that is placed on the tongue or as a dissolving pill.
- It is fast-acting and starts working within 30 minutes.
- If you vomit within one hour of taking a dose, take another dose.
- Avoid heavy meals and try eating small nourishing snacks throughout the day. Also, sip water regularly to help avoid dehydration.