Information about Voriconazole
Voriconazole is used in the treatment of Serious fungal infections.
How voriconazole works
Voriconazole stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
Common side effects of voriconazole
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Increased liver enzymes
Available Medicine for Voriconazole
- ₹2561 to ₹3391Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹1812 to ₹1976Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹868 to ₹4069Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹1826 to ₹3418Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹2200 to ₹7500Natco Pharma Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹2654 to ₹3410Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹2502 to ₹3000Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1812 to ₹4960Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹3150United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6022Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Voriconazole
- Do not take voriconazole if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding unless advised by your doctor.
- Before you start treatment and also while on treatment with voriconazole, your doctor may ask you to get your blood tested for any electrolyte disturbances (hypokalaemia [low potassium], hypomagnesaemia [low magnesium], and hypocalcaemia [low calcium]), as it is important to be corrected.
- Voriconazole is recommended to be taken either one hour before or one to two hours after a meal.
- Voriconazole may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light. If affected, do not drive or operate machines.
- Voriconazole may make you feel dizzy, or have blurred/double vision, or affect your hearing. Do not drive or use machines if you feel dizzy, or if your eyesight or hearing are affected.
- Inform your doctor about all the prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and nutritional supplements that you are taking.
- Avoid sun exposures while on voriconazole, cover sun exposed areas of skin and use sunscreen with high sun protection factor (SPF).
Frequently asked questions for Voriconazole
Q. Is Voriconazole an antibiotic?
No, Voriconazole is not an antibiotic. It is an antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections
Q. Is Voriconazole fungicidal?
Yes, Voriconazole is fungicidal (it kills fungi by interfering with the cell wall synthesis)
Q. Is Voriconazole generic?
Yes, Voriconazole is a generic name. It is available in various trade names
Q. Is Voriconazole nephrotoxic?
Yes, it may cause nephrotoxicity (inflammation of the nephron of the kidney). However, inflammation of the kidneys is not a common side effect of Voriconazole
Q. Does Voriconazole cause hair loss?
Hair loss is a common side effect of Voriconazole therapy
Q. Does Voriconazole cause dry mouth or make you tired?
Voriconazole is not known to cause dry mouth or make you tired
Q. Is Voriconazole safe?
Voriconazole is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is Voriconazole used for?
Voriconazole is an azole antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections. Voriconazole is used to treat fungal infections of the lungs that spread into the blood stream (invasive aspergillosis). Voriconazole is also used for of the mouth and, food pipe and throat that results in patching of the skin (esophageal candidiasis). Voriconazole is used for yeast infections of the skin, stomach, kidney, bladder, and wounds. Voriconazole is used to treat fungal infection due to Candida sp in non-neutropenic patients (patients without abnormally low white blood cell count), in serious fluconazole-resistant fungal infections due to Candida sp (including C. krusei) and in serious fungal infections caused by Scedosporium sp. or Fusarium sp. (two different species of fungi). It may also be used in life threatening and severe advancing fungal infections
Q. Is Voriconazole dialyzable?
Yes, Voriconazole is dialyzable
Q. How much does Voriconazole cost?
The price of Voriconazole may vary depending upon the brand prescribed to you.Please read the instruction on the package for the correct price of the product.