Information about Voriconazole
Voriconazole is used in the treatment of severe fungal infections.
How voriconazole works
Voriconazole is an antifungal medication. It kills and stops the growth of the fungi by destroying its cell membrane, thereby treating your skin infection.
Common side effects of voriconazole
Headache, Nausea, Rash, Vomiting, Altered vision, Slow heart rate, Hallucination, Abnormal liver function tests
Available Medicine for Voriconazole
- ₹2500 to ₹3913Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹2034 to ₹2309Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2376 to ₹3628Natco Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹2595 to ₹3433Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹3117 to ₹3939Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹868 to ₹4272Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹1826 to ₹3659Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹2599 to ₹3150United Biotech Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹3578 to ₹14046Pfizer Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹1812 to ₹4960Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Voriconazole
- Your doctor has prescribed Voriconazole to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- It should be taken one hour before or one hour after a meal.
- Do not take indigestion remedies (antacids) within two hours of taking Voriconazole.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Voriconazole
Q. Is Voriconazole an antibiotic?
No, Voriconazole is not an antibiotic. It is an antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections
Q. Is Voriconazole fungicidal?
Yes, Voriconazole is fungicidal (it kills fungi by interfering with the cell wall synthesis)
Q. Is Voriconazole generic?
Yes, Voriconazole is a generic name. It is available in various trade names
Q. Is Voriconazole nephrotoxic?
Yes, it may cause nephrotoxicity (inflammation of the nephron of the kidney). However, inflammation of the kidneys is not a common side effect of Voriconazole
Q. Does Voriconazole cause hair loss?
Hair loss is a common side effect of Voriconazole therapy
Q. Does Voriconazole cause dry mouth or make you tired?
Voriconazole is not known to cause dry mouth or make you tired
Q. Is Voriconazole safe?
Voriconazole is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is Voriconazole used for?
Voriconazole is an azole antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections. Voriconazole is used to treat fungal infections of the lungs that spread into the blood stream (invasive aspergillosis). Voriconazole is also used for of the mouth and, food pipe and throat that results in patching of the skin (esophageal candidiasis). Voriconazole is used for yeast infections of the skin, stomach, kidney, bladder, and wounds. Voriconazole is used to treat fungal infection due to Candida sp in non-neutropenic patients (patients without abnormally low white blood cell count), in serious fluconazole-resistant fungal infections due to Candida sp (including C. krusei) and in serious fungal infections caused by Scedosporium sp. or Fusarium sp. (two different species of fungi). It may also be used in life threatening and severe advancing fungal infections
Q. Is Voriconazole dialyzable?
Yes, Voriconazole is dialyzable
Q. How much does Voriconazole cost?
The price of Voriconazole may vary depending upon the brand prescribed to you.Please read the instruction on the package for the correct price of the product.