Information about Aripiprazole
How aripiprazole works
Aripiprazole works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
Common side effects of aripiprazole
Headache, Fatigue, Nausea, Vomiting, Blurred vision, Sleepiness, Dyspepsia, Increased saliva production, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dystonia, Restlessness, Dizziness, Constipation, Tremor, Anxiety, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping).
Available Medicine for Aripiprazole
- ₹55 to ₹219Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹220Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹245Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹86 to ₹200Lupin Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹51 to ₹130Alkem Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹132La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹5 to ₹185Icon Life Sciences6 variant(s)
- ₹47Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹103Altius Life Sciences5 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹120Talent India2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aripiprazole
- Take special precaution while taking aripiprazole if you have high blood sugar or family history of diabetes ; seizure (fits), involuntary, irregular muscle movements, especially in the face; disease of heart or its blood vessels (cardiovascular diseases).
- Do not use aripiprazole if you feel you have gained weight, develop unusual movements, feel excessively sleepy so much that it interferes with your daily activities, or develop difficulty in swallowing, allergic reaction.
- Avoid using aripiprazole if you are elderly patient and are suffering from dementia (loss of memory and other mental abilities), or if you have ever had stroke or “mini” stroke.
- Do not take aripiprazole if you are having any thoughts or feelings about hurting yourself (suicidal thoughts and behaviors), as these have been reported when treated with aripiprazole.
- Avoid using aripiprazole if you suffer from muscle stiffness or inflexibility with high fever, sweating, altered mental status, or very rapid or irregular heartbeat.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines if you feel drowsy after taking aripiprazole.
Frequently asked questions for Aripiprazole
Q. Is aripiprazole addictive/narcotic/controlled substances?
No, aripiprazole is not an addictive, narcotic or controlled substances
Q. Is aripiprazole generic for Abilify?
Yes, aripiprazole is generic name of Abilify, the trade name
Q. Is aripiprazole a Benzodiazepine/ Benzo?
No, aripiprazole belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic
Q. Is aripiprazole an antipsychotic?
Yes, it belongs to a group of medications called atypical antipsychotic.