Information about Aripiprazole
How aripiprazole works
Aripiprazole is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
Common side effects of aripiprazole
Headache, Fatigue, Nausea, Vomiting, Blurred vision, Sleepiness, Dyspepsia, Increased saliva production, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dystonia, Restlessness, Dizziness, Constipation, Tremor, Anxiety, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
Available Medicine for Aripiprazole
- ₹60 to ₹397Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹245Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹267Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹86 to ₹220Lupin Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹181Icon Life Sciences7 variant(s)
- ₹62 to ₹223Alkem Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹132La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹120Linux Laboratories4 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹103Altius Life Sciences5 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹198Crescent Therapeutics Ltd5 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aripiprazole
- You have been prescribed Aripiprazole for relieving psychotic symptoms and manic episodes.
- It may take 4 to 6 weeks to see full effects on thoughts and mood. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Take it in the morning to avoid difficulty sleeping.
- It may increase your blood sugar and cholesterol. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and monitor your blood levels regularly.
- Aripiprazole may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Aripiprazole as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes, unusual movements or develop suicidal thoughts.
Frequently asked questions for Aripiprazole
Q. Is Aripiprazole addictive/narcotic/controlled substances?
No, Aripiprazole is not an addictive, narcotic or controlled substances
Q. Is Aripiprazole generic for Abilify?
Yes, Aripiprazole is generic name of Abilify, the trade name
Q. Is Aripiprazole a Benzodiazepine/ Benzo?
No, Aripiprazole belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic
Q. Is Aripiprazole an antipsychotic?
Yes, it belongs to a group of medications called atypical antipsychotic.