Information about Aripiprazole
How Aripiprazole works
Aripiprazole is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by changing the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
Common side effects of Aripiprazole
Headache, Fatigue, Nausea, Vomiting, Blurred vision, Sleepiness, Indigestion, Increased saliva production, Parkinsonism, Akathisia (inability to stay still), Dystonia (involuntary muscle contractions), Restlessness, Dizziness, Constipation, Tremor, Anxiety, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
Available Medicine for Aripiprazole
Arip MTTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹105 to ₹4359 variant(s)
ArpizolSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹58 to ₹2916 variant(s)
AspritoIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹38 to ₹2916 variant(s)
₹49 to ₹2655 variant(s)
ArifineIcon Life Sciences
₹38 to ₹1807 variant(s)
AriphrenzAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹74 to ₹2235 variant(s)
AripirenLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹53 to ₹1324 variant(s)
₹38 to ₹2205 variant(s)
NuletAlteus Biogenics Pvt Ltd
₹39 to ₹1989 variant(s)
ArpitCrescent Therapeutics Ltd
₹63 to ₹1975 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aripiprazole
- You have been prescribed Aripiprazole for relieving psychotic symptoms and manic episodes.
- It may take 4 to 6 weeks to see full effects on thoughts and mood. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Your doctor may advise you to take it in the morning if you experience any difficulty in sleeping.
- It may increase your blood sugar and cholesterol. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and monitor your blood sugar and cholesterol levels regularly.
- Aripiprazole may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Aripiprazole as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes, unusual movements or develop suicidal thoughts.