Medicine Overview of Kamipox Tablet
Uses of Kamipox Tablet
It is used in patients intolerant of or unresponsive to alternative treatment options for depression.
Side effects of Kamipox Tablet
Sleepiness, Blurred vision, Weight gain, Dry mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Difficulty in urination, Increased heart rate, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Constipation, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dystonia.
How to use Kamipox Tablet
How Kamipox Tablet works
In Depth Information on Kamipox Tablet
Expert advice for Kamipox Tablet
- The main dose should be taken at night as this drug may produce drowsiness or sleepiness.
- It can take 4 to 6 weeks for Kamipox to start working.
- You should continue the treatment for at least 6 months after you feel better to stop depression from coming back.
- If your doctor asks you to stop Kamipox, you should reduce the dose slowly over 4 weeks. You should not discontinue it abruptly.
- Avoid driving or operating machinery as it may decrease alertness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Kamipox, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The addiction/dependence potential of Kamipox is very less.
- It may be extremely dangerous in overdose.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease.