food interaction for IYSTIN
alcohol interaction for IYSTIN
pregnancy interaction for IYSTIN
lactation interaction for IYSTIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for IYSTIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for IYSTIN
- WALAMYCIN 12.5 MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.10/ML of suspensionRs. 33save 30% more per ML of suspension
- WALAMYCIN 12.5 MG SUSPENSION(60 ML suspension in bottle)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.08/ML of suspensionRs. 65save 31% more per ML of suspension
- COLISTOP 12.5MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Indi PharmaRs. 1.24/ML of suspensionRs. 37.30save 21% more per ML of suspension
- DILOZOL C 12.5MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Simpson Brawn PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.18/ML of suspensionRs. 35.52save 25% more per ML of suspension
- IYSTIN 12.5MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Thrift PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.18/ML of suspensionRs. 35.55save 25% more per ML of suspension
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for IYSTIN
- You may be regularly monitored for serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen while on colstin treatment.
- Use with caution if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects kidney) or kidney disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for IYSTIN
Q.Is colistin an antibiotic / a bactericidal?
Yes colistin is an antibiotic with bactericidal action
Q.Is colistin broad spectrum antibiotic?
No, colistin belongs to a class of drugs called polymyxin antibiotic
Q.Does colistin cover pseudomonas?
Yes, colistin is effective against pseudomonas.