Information about Colistin Sulphate
Colistin Sulphate Uses
Colistin Sulphate is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections. It is used to treat certain types of serious infections which are not responding to other antibiotics.
How Colistin Sulphate works
Colistin Sulphate is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by destroying the bacterial cell membrane.
Common side effects of Colistin Sulphate
Kidney damage, Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Colistin Sulphate
WalamycinWallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹47 to ₹842 variant(s)
Xylistin Forte PlusCipla Ltd
ColigylMankind Pharma Ltd
₹46 to ₹693 variant(s)
₹45 to ₹622 variant(s)
HopstinMicro Labs Ltd
GD SafeInd Swift Laboratories Ltd
₹38 to ₹513 variant(s)
BestomycinBestoChem Formulations India Ltd
₹56 to ₹732 variant(s)
Colinem ForteMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
PolymxeBharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd
HarmlessHi Tech Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Colistin Sulphate
- Colistin Sulphate is an antibiotic that is taken orally to treat infections of stomach or intestines.
- It may also be used to kill the natural bacteria that are present in the stomach before surgery on the stomach.
- Do not use it for any other types of bacterial infections.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.