Information about Colistin Sulphate
Colistin sulphate uses
Colistin Sulphate is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections. It is used to treat certain types of serious infections which are not responding to other antibiotics.
How colistin sulphate works
Colistin Sulphate is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by destroying the bacterial cell membrane.
Common side effects of colistin sulphate
Kidney damage, Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Colistin Sulphate
- ₹43 to ₹77Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹3081Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹70Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹63Indi Pharma2 variant(s)
- ₹453Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹52Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹60BestoChem Formulations India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1445Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹769Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹31Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Colistin Sulphate
- Colistin Sulphate is an antibiotic that is taken orally to treat infections of stomach or intestines.
- It may also be used to kill the natural bacteria that are present in the stomach before surgery on the stomach.
- Do not use it for any other types of bacterial infections.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
Frequently asked questions for Colistin Sulphate
Q. What if I do not get better after using Colistin Sulphate?
Inform your doctor if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine. If you do not feel better after finishing the full course of treatment, consult your doctor.
Q. Can I stop taking Colistin Sulphate when I feel better?
Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured. But, do not stop taking Colistin Sulphate and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better.