Information about Colistin Sulphate
Colistin sulphate uses
Colistin Sulphate is used in the treatment of serious bacterial infections.
How colistin sulphate works
Colistin Sulphate is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by destroying the bacterial cell membrane.
Common side effects of colistin sulphate
Confusion, Respiratory distress, Muscle weakness, Acute tubular necrosis, Vomiting, Dizziness, Neurotoxicity, Nausea, Visual impairment, Renal injury, Secondary infections, Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Nephrotoxicity
Available Medicine for Colistin Sulphate
- ₹36 to ₹71Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹2934Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹51Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹63Indi Pharma2 variant(s)
- ₹453Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹769Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹60BestoChem Formulations India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹70Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹1445Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹31Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Colistin Sulphate
- You may be regularly monitored for serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen while on colstin treatment.
- Use with caution if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects kidney) or kidney disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Colistin Sulphate
Q. Is Colistin Sulphate an antibiotic / a bactericidal?
Yes Colistin Sulphate is an antibiotic with bactericidal action
Q. Is Colistin Sulphate broad spectrum antibiotic?
No, Colistin Sulphate belongs to a class of drugs called polymyxin antibiotic
Q. Does Colistin Sulphate cover pseudomonas?
Yes, Colistin Sulphate is effective against pseudomonas.