Information about Capreomycin
Capreomycin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections, tuberculosis (tb) and skin infections.
How capreomycin works
Capreomycin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of capreomycin
Pale red skin, Itchy rash, Abnormal liver function tests, Abnormal urine sediment, Hearing loss, Increased creatinine level in blood, Injection site abscess, Increased white blood cell count, Rash, Ringing in ear, Severe bleeding, Vertigo, Injection site pain, Increased white blood cell count (eosinophils), Decreased white blood cell count
Available Medicine for Capreomycin
- ₹224 to ₹372Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹346United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹119Concept Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Capreomycin
- It must be used only in combination with other anti-tuberculosis drugs when a bacterial susceptibility test is positive.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast feeding.
- Consult your doctor if you are suffering from reduced hearing, kidney diseases or abnormal weakness in muscles.
Frequently asked questions for Capreomycin
Q. Is capreomycin an aminoglycoside?
Yes, capreomycin is an anti-tuberculosis aminoglycoside antibiotic
Q. Is capreomycin safe?
Capreomycin is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.