Information about Capreomycin
Capreomycin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How capreomycin works
Capreomycin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of capreomycin
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Skin rash, Balance disorder (loss of balance), Hearing loss
Available Medicine for Capreomycin
- ₹246 to ₹372Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹346United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹119Concept Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Capreomycin
- It must be used only in combination with other anti-tuberculosis drugs when a bacterial susceptibility test is positive.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast feeding.
- Consult your doctor if you are suffering from reduced hearing, kidney diseases or abnormal weakness in muscles.
Frequently asked questions for Capreomycin
Q. Is Capreomycin an aminoglycoside?
Yes, Capreomycin is an anti-tuberculosis aminoglycoside antibiotic
Q. Is Capreomycin safe?
Capreomycin is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.