Information about Gentamicin
Gentamicin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Gentamicin works
Gentamicin is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Gentamicin
Balance disorder (loss of balance), Kidney damage, Hearing loss, Injection site pain
Available Medicine for Gentamicin
₹4 to ₹496 variant(s)
MerigentaMercury Laboratories Ltd
₹4 to ₹144 variant(s)
GentaMarck Biosciences Ltd
₹8 to ₹282 variant(s)
RanbioticSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹4 to ₹162 variant(s)
₹5 to ₹373 variant(s)
GenticareGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹4 to ₹102 variant(s)
GentcKinesis Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
GentalabLaborate Pharmaceuticals India Ltd
₹14 to ₹152 variant(s)
DermycinDermo Care Laboratories
GentalAlive Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Gentamicin
- Your doctor has prescribed Gentamicin to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- It is given as a drip (intravenous infusion) or as an injection directly into a vein or a muscle.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Gentamicin may cause dizziness.
- Your doctor may get regular blood, urine, or hearing tests while you are on this medication.
- Your doctor will ensure that you are well hydrated before and during treatment with this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.
- Discontinue Gentamicin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.