Information about Vancomycin
Vancomycin is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections.
How Vancomycin works
Vancomycin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of Vancomycin
Renal injury, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Decreased blood pressure, Breathlessness, Wheezing
Available Medicine for Vancomycin
₹227 to ₹14524 variant(s)
VancorayMylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
VankingNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹269 to ₹5913 variant(s)
CelovanCelon Laboratories Ltd
₹267 to ₹6502 variant(s)
VancogramBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
Vantox-CPSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹272 to ₹4882 variant(s)
VancogenAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹294 to ₹5742 variant(s)
Vancotech CPUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
VancotroyTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Vansafe CPVhb Life Sciences Inc
₹367 to ₹5542 variant(s)
Expert advice for Vancomycin
- You have been prescribed Vancomycin to treat serious bacterial infections of the heart, blood, bones, and soft tissues.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- It should be taken slowly via a drip. Fast infusion can lead to reactions such as low blood pressure, wheezing, shortness of breath or itching.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney function and your hearing while you are taking this medicine.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to check the level of this medicine in your blood.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.