Information about Amikacin
Amikacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Amikacin works
Amikacin is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Amikacin
Application site irritation
Available Medicine for Amikacin
MikacinAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹30 to ₹1805 variant(s)
AmicinBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹22 to ₹1223 variant(s)
₹36 to ₹1463 variant(s)
MacmikaMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹23 to ₹933 variant(s)
AmitaxAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹9 to ₹1194 variant(s)
AmikamacMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹23 to ₹853 variant(s)
MikastarMankind Pharma Ltd
₹31 to ₹943 variant(s)
MikGalpha Laboratories Ltd
₹21 to ₹933 variant(s)
LA MikaZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹11 to ₹463 variant(s)
₹66 to ₹1152 variant(s)
Expert advice for Amikacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Amikacin to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- It is given as a drip (intravenous infusion) or as an injection directly into a vein or a muscle.
- Your doctor may get regular blood, urine, or hearing tests while you are on this medication.
- Your doctor will ensure that you are well hydrated before and during treatment with this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.
- Discontinue Amikacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.