food interaction for COLISTOP
alcohol interaction for COLISTOP
pregnancy interaction for COLISTOP
lactation interaction for COLISTOP
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for COLISTOP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for COLISTOP
- WALAMYCIN 12.5 MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.10/ML of suspensionRs. 33save 12% more per ML of suspension
- WALAMYCIN 12.5 MG SUSPENSION(60 ML suspension in bottle)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.08/ML of suspensionRs. 65save 13% more per ML of suspension
- IYSTIN DS 12.5MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Thrift PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.58/ML of suspensionRs. 47.40pay 27% more per ML of suspension
- DILOZOL C 12.5MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Simpson Brawn PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.18/ML of suspensionRs. 35.52save 5% more per ML of suspension
- IYSTIN 12.5MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Thrift PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.18/ML of suspensionRs. 35.55save 5% more per ML of suspension
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for COLISTOP
- You may be regularly monitored for serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen while on colstin treatment.
- Use with caution if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects kidney) or kidney disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for COLISTOP
Q.Is colistin an antibiotic / a bactericidal?
Yes colistin is an antibiotic with bactericidal action
Q.Is colistin broad spectrum antibiotic?
No, colistin belongs to a class of drugs called polymyxin antibiotic
Q.Does colistin cover pseudomonas?
Yes, colistin is effective against pseudomonas.