Information about Kanamycin
How Kanamycin works
Kanamycin is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Serve side effects of Kanamycin
Headache, Ototoxicity, Gastrointestinal disturbance, Anaphylactic reaction, Hypersensitivity reaction, Rash, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Blood dyscrasias, Purpura, Injection-site reactions, Neurotoxicity, Renal toxicity
Expert advice for Kanamycin
- Your doctor has prescribed Kanamycin to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- It is given by an injection into a muscle.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Kanamycin may cause dizziness.
- Your doctor may get regular blood, urine, or hearing tests while you are on this medication.
- Your doctor will ensure that you are well hydrated before and during treatment with this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.
- Discontinue Kanamycin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.