Medicine Overview of Gynonys Injection
Uses of Gynonys Injection
Gynonys 150I.U Injection is used in preterm labor.
Side effects of Gynonys Injection
Edema, Abdominal bloating, Anxiety, Irritability, Depression, Muscle pain.
How to use Gynonys Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Gynonys Injection works
Gynonys 150i.u injection is a progestin (female hormones). It works as part of hormone replacement therapy by replacing the amount of oestrogen in the uterus. It works to bring on menstruation by replacing the natural progesterone that some women are missing.
In Depth Information on Gynonys Injection
Expert advice for Gynonys Injection
- Tell your doctor if you have diabetes, pre-diabetes (high blood sugar levels, but not high enough to be called diabetes) or a family history of diabetes, before taking hydroxyprogesterone.
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure during pregnancy (preeclampsia), fits (epilepsy), heart or kidney functioning problems, you should be monitored for fluid retention while on treatment with Hydroxyprogesterone.
- Tell your doctor if you have severe pulsating headaches (migraines), asthma, history of depression or high blood pressure (hypertension), before taking Hydroxyprogesterone.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you notice any signs of depression or jaundice.
- Consult your doctor regarding continuing treatment with hydroxyprogesterone after delivery and during breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Gynonys 150I.U Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Gynonys 150I.U Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Gynonys 150I.U Injection is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
Nonhormonal contraceptives are preferred in breastfeeding women, especially during the first 4 weeks postpartum...
Nonhormonal contraceptives are preferred in breastfeeding women, especially during the first 4 weeks postpartum
Gynonys 150I.U Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Gynonys 150I.U Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.+more
This medicine contains progesterone which can cause fluid retention in patients with underlying kidney disease....
This medicine contains progesterone which can cause fluid retention in patients with underlying kidney disease.
There is limited information available on the use of Gynonys+more
150I.U Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Gynonys 150i.u Injection
Frequently asked questions for Hydroxyprogesterone
Q. Is hydroxyprogesterone the same as progesterone?
No. Progesterone is a natural sex hormone produced by the body and hydroxyprogesterone is its synthetic form. Both have different physiological effects and are used for the treatment of different conditions
Q. Is hydroxyprogesterone safe?
It is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Substitutes for Gynonys
No substitutes found for this medicine