Information about Hydroxyprogesterone
Hydroxyprogesterone is used in premature labor.
How Hydroxyprogesterone works
Hydroxyprogesterone is a progestin (female hormone). It works by modulating the immune response of the mother to prevent rejection of the embryo and allow its attachment to the uterus. This prevents miscarriage and helps lower the risk of premature birth in women who have had one premature delivery in the past.
Common side effects of Hydroxyprogesterone
Injection site pain, Injection site swelling, Red spots or bumps
Available Medicine for Hydroxyprogesterone
₹209 to ₹3562 variant(s)
Gynonys DepotSanzyme Ltd
₹71 to ₹1482 variant(s)
₹130 to ₹2102 variant(s)
FetugestObsurge Biotech Ltd
₹92 to ₹1752 variant(s)
HyprogestColinz Laboratories Ltd
₹51 to ₹2507 variant(s)
Caprogen DepotMac Millon Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹94 to ₹1892 variant(s)
Biosterone DepotBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹34 to ₹852 variant(s)
Prolustar DepoCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹25 to ₹402 variant(s)
CaprogenMac Millon Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
ProgestadAdbio Organics Pvt Ltd
₹48 to ₹1504 variant(s)
Expert advice for Hydroxyprogesterone
- Hydroxyprogesterone is used in pregnant women to help lower the risk of giving birth too early (preterm birth).
- It is only given to a woman who has had a preterm delivery in the past.
- It is not for use in women who are pregnant with more than one baby (twins, triplets, etc.).
- It is administered only by or under the immediate supervision of your doctor. Your doctor can start giving you the injection every week between 16 and 20 weeks and continue through week 37, or until you deliver.
- It may affect blood sugar levels. Monitor your blood sugar regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain. These could be symptoms of a serious liver problem.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you have pain in the chest, groin or legs, difficulty with breathing, sudden severe headache, slurred speech, sudden unexplained shortness of breath, a sudden loss of coordination, or vision changes while using this medicine.