Information about Tamoxifen
Tamoxifen is used in the treatment and prevention of breast cancer.
How Tamoxifen works
Tamoxifen is a hormone-based medication. It works by binding to estrogen receptors and blocking the effects of estrogen (a natural female hormone) in the breast tissue. This slows down the growth and multiplication of breast cancer cells.
Common side effects of Tamoxifen
Nausea, Skin rash, Hot flashes, Thinning of hair, Loss of libido, Swelling, Vaginal discharge
Available Medicine for Tamoxifen
TamodexBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹27 to ₹322 variant(s)
TamteroHetero Drugs Ltd
₹26 to ₹312 variant(s)
FineovaAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
MamofenKhandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹27 to ₹292 variant(s)
₹19 to ₹252 variant(s)
ValodexSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹15 to ₹292 variant(s)
CaditamCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹18 to ₹282 variant(s)
TamoxilonCelon Laboratories Ltd
₹20 to ₹282 variant(s)
EntaxNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹14 to ₹272 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tamoxifen
- Tamoxifen helps treat breast cancer.
- It also reduces the risk of cancer coming back and of getting cancer in the other breast.
- Use a reliable barrier contraceptive method (such as condoms) to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for 2 months after you stop taking it.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if your periods become irregular, especially if associated with heavier bleeding.
- Do not stop taking the medicine without talking to your doctor first.