food interaction for FIBROFEN
alcohol interaction for FIBROFEN
pregnancy interaction for FIBROFEN
lactation interaction for FIBROFEN
medicine interaction for FIBROFEN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR FIBROFEN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR FIBROFEN
- LIPICARD 160 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 11.73/tabletRs. 117.30pay 121% more per tablet
- TGR 160 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.40/tabletRs. 104pay 96% more per tablet
- FENO-TG 160MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.45/tabletRs. 124.50pay 135% more per tablet
- FINATE 160 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 7.85/tabletRs. 78.46pay 48% more per tablet
- FENOLIP 160 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 12.10/tabletRs. 121pay 128% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR FIBROFEN
- If you also take medicines such as cholestyramine or colestipol; make sure to take them at least 1 hour after or 4 hours before taking fenofibrate.
- Consult your doctor, if you have diseases such as diabetes, hyperthyroidism, kidney or liver ailments.
- Do not take fenofibrate, if you are allergic to it or to any other ingredient in the medicine (lactose).
- Do not take finofibrate, if you are sensitive to sunlight.
- Do not take the medicine, if you are suffering from severe liver, kidney or pancreatic ailments (gall bladder disease, biliary cirrhosis, pancreatitis); if you have muscular disorders, large amount of protein in urine, water retention in the body (nephrotic syndrome), decreased albumin in the blood (hypoalbuminaemia) or poorly controlled diabetes mellitus.
- Do not take the medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR FIBROFEN
Q. Is fenofibrate the same as Lipitor?
Fenofibrate is a drug belonging to a different class of drugs called “Fibrates”, whereas Lipitor (atorvastatin) belongs to the “Statin” class. Both the medicines act by different mechanisms
Q. Does fenofibrate cause erectile dysfunction, weight gain or memory loss?
Fenofibrate may rarely cause sexual weakness in patients. It does not cause weight gain and memory loss. Consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take fenofibrate with Lipitor, ibuprofen, niacin, Nyquil or crestor?
Taking fenofibrate with drugs from the statin class (e.g. Atorvastatin or Lipitor; rosuvastatin or crestor) may cause muscle breakdown. There is no significant drug interaction with ibuprofen, niacin or Nyquil. However, always consult your doctor before use
Q. What is fenofibrate?
Fenofibrate belongs to a class of drugs called as fibrates or fibric acid derivatives. It is different from statins, blood thinners, diuretic and nitrate
Q. Is fenofibrate generic?
Yes, fenofibrate is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (TriCor, Antara, Lofibra, Stanlip, Lipicard etc.).