Information about Ezetimibe
Ezetimibe is used in the treatment of increased cholesterol.
How ezetimibe works
Ezetimibe reduces the cholesterol absorption from the intestine and lowers the levels of cholesterol in the body.
Common side effects of ezetimibe
Joint pain, Sinus inflammation, Limb pain, Diarrhoea, Respiratory tract infection
Available Medicine for Ezetimibe
- ₹85 to ₹108Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹120Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹72Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹122Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹69Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹120Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹80Anglo-French Drugs & Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹120Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹122Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ezetimibe
- Do not start ezetimibe, if you are allergic to ezetimibe or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Do not start ezetimibe, if you have liver disease.
- Avoid taking ezetimibe during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Do not start or continue ezetimibe, if you are taking medications like cyclosporine, warfarin, phenprocoumon, acenocoumarol or fluindione, colestyramine, fibrates.
- Ezetimibe can cause dizziness and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Frequently asked questions for Ezetimibe
Q. Is Ezetimibe a bile acid sequestrent /statin?
Ezetimibe belongs to a class of medication called as cholesterol absorption inhibitors. It is not a bile acid sequestrent or statin
Q. Is Ezetimibe a generic drug / same as Ezetrol/Zetia?
Yes, Ezetimibe is a generic name and Ezetrol/Zetia is the brand name of Ezetimibe
Q. Is Ezetimibe safe?
Ezetimibe is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. How does Ezetimibe reduce cholesterol in the body?
Ezetimibe prevents the absorption of cholesterol from the intestine into the blood
Q. Does Ezetimibe cause weight gain, muscle pain, cancer, lowers triglyceride, increase HDL?
Ezetimibe lowers triglyceride, increases the level of HDL in blood and has been found to reduce weight and cause muscle pain; however, cancer has not been reported.