Information about Fenofibrate
How Fenofibrate works
Fenofibrate is a lipid lowering medication. It works by lowering the levels of triglycerides and "bad" cholesterol (LDL), while raising the levels of "good" cholesterol (HDL).
Common side effects of Fenofibrate
Increased liver enzymes, Nausea, Vomiting, Flatulence, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Fenofibrate
StanlipSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹87 to ₹1792 variant(s)
₹148 to ₹2012 variant(s)
₹109 to ₹1944 variant(s)
FenocorOrdain Health Care Global Pvt Ltd
₹109 to ₹2175 variant(s)
Feno-TGTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
FinateFranco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹110 to ₹1252 variant(s)
TGRIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Stanlip PlusSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
FenofibricDelvin Formulations Pvt Ltd
₹75 to ₹1152 variant(s)
TrifenoMitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Fenofibrate
- It should be taken with food.
- Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter. Notify your doctor if you are more tired than usual, do not feel hungry, or if you have yellow eyes, skin or dark urine.
- Inform your doctor if you experience muscle pain, tenderness, cramps, or weakness while taking Fenofibrate, particularly if it is accompanied by a fever.
- Do not discontinue Fenofibrate without consulting your doctor even if you feel better.