Information about Repaglinide
Repaglinide is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How repaglinide works
Repaglinide increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas, which in turn lowers the blood glucose levels.
Common side effects of repaglinide
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Repaglinide
- ₹76 to ₹192Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹250Novo Nordisk India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹39Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹90Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹44Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹29Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹99Shilpex Pharmysis1 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹99Elsker lifescience Pvt. Ltd.2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Repaglinide
- Repaglinide does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
- Swallow the tablets with a glass of water before the meals or within 30 minutes after the main meal.
- Avoid driving if you feel dizzy after consuming Repaglinide.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Do not breast-feed while taking Repaglinide.
- Notify your doctor if you have any liver problem or kidney disease.
- Notify your doctor about Repaglinide if you are about to undergo a major surgery.
Frequently asked questions for Repaglinide
Q. Is repaglinide a sulfonylurea drug?
Repaglinide belongs to a category of drugs called as meglinitinides. It is not a sulfonyl urea drug
Q. What is Repaglinide used for?
Repaglinide is used for the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults
Q. Is Repaglinide safe?
Yes. Repaglinide is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Does Repaglinide cause weight gain?
Repaglinide may cause weight gain. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.