Information about Repaglinide
Repaglinide is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How repaglinide works
Repaglinide is an anti-diabetic medication. It increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas which prevents blood glucose from rising very high after meals.
Common side effects of repaglinide
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Repaglinide
- ₹80 to ₹211Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹250Novo Nordisk India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹99Shilpex Pharmysis1 variant(s)
- ₹39Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹66 to ₹113Elsker lifescience Pvt. Ltd.2 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹90Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹44Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹29Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Repaglinide
- Repaglinide results in fast and effective control of high blood sugar following meals.
- For best results, take Repaglinide 15 to 30 minutes before a meal.
- If you miss a meal, skip your dose to avoid hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level).
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines along with Repaglinide
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) is a common side-effect; learn how to identify and manage its symptoms (sweating, rapid heartbeat, weakness, blurry vision, headache) and teach your family as well.
Frequently asked questions for Repaglinide
Q. Is repaglinide a sulfonylurea drug?
Repaglinide belongs to a category of drugs called as meglinitinides. It is not a sulfonyl urea drug
Q. What is Repaglinide used for?
Repaglinide is used for the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults
Q. Is Repaglinide safe?
Yes. Repaglinide is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Does Repaglinide cause weight gain?
Repaglinide may cause weight gain. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.