Medicine Overview of Elcab Tablet
Side effects of Elcab Tablet
Tremor, Slurred speech, Uncoordinated body movements, Nausea, Acne, Increased white blood cell count, Memory impairment, Hair loss, Enlarged thyroid gland, Skin rash, Increased thirst, Weight gain, Polyuria, Diarrhoea.
How to use Elcab Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Elcab 300mg Tablet with food.
How Elcab Tablet works
Elcab 300mg tablet works by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Elcab Tablet
Expert advice for Elcab Tablet
- Your doctor may ask you to continue Elcab for a long time. You must not stop taking it or change the dose, without speaking to your doctor first.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is within 4 hours of the next dose, skip the missed dose (about 6 hours in the case of extended- or slow-release preparations). Never double up doses.
- Despite your inconvenience and discomfort, your Elcab blood levels, thyroid function, and kidney function need to be monitored as long as you take Elcab.
- During treatment with Elcab, it is recommended that you drink about 2 to 3 liter of fluid daily and use normal amounts of salt. Inform your doctor if you start or stop a low-salt diet.
- Avoid sudden change in your diet or fluid intake. If you do go on a diet, your doctor may need to increase the frequency of blood tests.
- Do not start any medicine including herbal or ayurvedic without telling your doctor. As it may significantly change the Elcab levels.
- Caffeine and alcohol act as diuretics and can lower your Elcab concentrations.
- If you engage in vigorous exercise or have an illness that causes sweating, vomiting, or diarrhoea, consult your doctor because these might affect Elcab levels.
- Nausea, constipation, shakiness, increased thirst, frequent urination, weight gain, or swelling of the extremities should be reported to your doctor. Your doctor may adjust the dose.
- Blurred vision, confusion, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, vomiting, muscle weakness, lethargy, shakiness, slurred speech, dizziness, loss of balance, inability to urinate, or seizure could indicate severe toxicity and should prompt immediate medical attention.
Special precautions for Elcab 300mg Tablet
Elcab 300mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Elcab 300mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Elcab 300mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Elcab 300mg Tablet may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Elcab 300mg Tablet may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures)....
Elcab 300mg Tablet may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Elcab 300mg Tablet may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures).
Elcab 300mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Elcab 300mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Elcab 300mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Elcab 300mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Elcab 300mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with+more
liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Elcab 300mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Cordarone 150mg Injection 3ml, Duron 100mg Tablet, Olsertain 40mg Tablet, Serenace 5mg Injection 1ml
Frequently asked questions for Elcab 300mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Lithium
Elcab can be taken to treat depression and anxiety. Do consult your doctor before use
Acetaminophen or aspirin can be taken with Elcab for headache or pain. Do consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take lithium with ibuprofen, Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Benadryl?
Lithium when taken with ibuprofen, fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft) or Benadryl can lead to increased side effects. Do consult your doctor before use
Elcab can cause weight gain, acne, constipation, make you tired. Elcab does not make you high.
Substitutes for Elcab Tablet
Licab 300mg Tablet
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Lithosun 300mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Intalith 300mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Litholent 300mg Tablet
Lithicab 300mg Tablet
Tas Med India Pvt Ltd