Medicine Overview of Deviry Tablet
How to use Deviry Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Deviry 2.5mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Deviry Tablet works
Deviry 2.5mg tablet is a progestin (female hormones). It works as part of hormone replacement therapy by replacing the amount of oestrogen in the uterus. It works to bring on menstruation by replacing the natural progesterone that some women are missing.
In Depth Information on Deviry Tablet
Expert advice for Deviry Tablet
- Swallow each tablet whole. Take your tablets at the same time each day. Treatment may be required for 8 to 10 weeks before any effect can be found.
- Do not take medroxyprogesterone If you are hypersensitive (allergic) to medroxyprogesterone or other similar hormone medicines or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Avoid smoking while you are taking this medicine. Smoking greatly increases your risk of blood clots.
- This medicine can pass into body fluids (including urine, feces, vomit, semen, vaginal fluid). Patients and caregivers should wear rubber gloves while cleaning up body fluids, handling contaminated trash or laundry or changing diapers. Wash hands before and after removing gloves. Wash soiled clothing and linens separately from other laundry.
- Body fluids should not be handled by a woman who is pregnant or who may become pregnant. Use condoms during sexual activity to avoid exposure to body fluids.
- Avoid becoming pregnant while being treated with medroxyprogesterone.
Special precautions for Deviry 2.5mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Deviry 2.5mg Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Deviry 2.5mg Tablet should be used with caution during lacta+more
tion. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Deviry 2.5mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,+more
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
There is limited information available on the use of Deviry+more
2.5mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Deviry 2.5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Medroxyprogesterone
Deviry contains medroxyprogesterone which is a synthetic, steroid hormone, similar to but not same as progesterone, so, it is a non-bio-identical hormone.
Q. Can I take Deviry with paracetamol (acetaminophen)?
Deviry can be taken with paracetamol (acetaminophen). No drug-drug interactions have been reported between the two. However, interactions can occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.
Deviry prevents follicular maturation and stops ovulation.
Yes, like any other medicine, Deviry has an expiry date and should not be used beyond the date mentioned on the package.
Yes, Deviry can be used as a contraceptive, a birth control pill. However, it should be used only when advised by your doctor.
Deviry is safe if used in doses as prescribed by your gynecologist or physician for a prescribed duration.
Deviry can cause prolonged bleeding when used immediately after delivery or termination of pregnancy. Please consult your physician if you are experiencing prolonged bleeding while taking Deviry.
Deviry does not make you sleepy, rather it causes insomnia (inability to sleep), which is an uncommon side effect with its use. In case you feel sleepy while taking this medicine, please consult your doctor.
Yes, weight gain is a very common side effect of Deviry. Please consult your physician if you are experiencing weight gain while taking Deviry.
Yes, acne is a common side effect seen with the use of Deviry. Please consult your gynecologist or physician if you have acne while taking Deviry.
No, constipation has not been reported as a side effect with Deviry. Please discuss with your physician if you experience constipation while taking Deviry.
Yes, Deviry is used as a contraceptive (birth control pill) to avoid pregnancy. It should not be used during pregnancy, either for diagnosis or therapy.
Deviry itself is a birth control pill. Please consult your gynecologist or physician before taking it with other birth control pills.
Q. Can I take Deviry with ibuprofen?
Deviry can be taken with ibuprofen. No drug-drug interactions have been reported between the two. However, interactions can occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.