Information about Medroxyprogesterone acetate
Medroxyprogesterone acetate Uses
How Medroxyprogesterone acetate works
Medroxyprogesterone acetate is a progestin (female hormone). It works by replacing the natural progesterone hormone that the body is unable to make. This treats painful, irregular/absent menstrual periods and prevents overgrowth of the lining of the uterus in menopausal women taking oestrogen (another female hormone). It also works as a contraceptive.
Common side effects of Medroxyprogesterone acetate
Headache, Irregular menstrual cycle, Abdominal pain, Weakness, Nervousness, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Medroxyprogesterone acetate
MeprateSerum Institute Of India Ltd
₹20 to ₹583 variant(s)
DeviryTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹13 to ₹1943 variant(s)
DepokareDKT India Ltd
₹14 to ₹542 variant(s)
MaxogestCorona Remedies Pvt Ltd
DimpleMylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
MedronormObsurge Biotech Ltd
MedrogestManeesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MedrigestVhb Life Sciences Inc
Expert advice for Medroxyprogesterone acetate
- Medroxyprogesterone acetate is used for a wide range of menstrual disorders such as heavy, painful or absent periods, and endometriosis.
- In high doses, it is used in the treatment of breast cancer and endometrial (lining of the uterus) cancer.
- It may cause bleeding or spotting in between menstrual periods. Let your doctor know if this occurs frequently.
- Stop taking Medroxyprogesterone acetate and inform your doctor immediately if you get severe headaches, stabbing pains or swelling in one leg, pain on breathing, sudden changes in your vision or hearing, or yellowing of your skin or whites of your eyes.
- Use a non-hormonal method of contraception such as condoms to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medication.
- Do not take Medroxyprogesterone acetate if you're pregnant or breastfeeding, have unusual vaginal bleeding, or have a history of blood clots, stroke, heart attack, liver problems, or bleeding problems.