Information about Gliclazide
Gliclazide is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It is used in addition to diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
How gliclazide works
Gliclazide is an anti-diabetic medication (sulphonylurea). It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose.
Common side effects of gliclazide
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Gliclazide
- ₹60 to ₹167Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹120Panacea Biotec Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹184Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹103Ipca Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹100Micro Labs Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹91Indi Pharma4 variant(s)
- ₹32 to ₹74Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹182Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹63Bal Pharma Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹67Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Gliclazide
- Helps decrease high blood sugar level and avoids long-term complications of diabetes.
- Take just before or with the first main meal of the day (usually breakfast). Avoid skipping meals.
- Exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines (if prescribed) alongside.
- Learn how to identify and manage symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) such as sweating, rapid heartbeat, weakness, blurry vision, and headache, and teach your family as well.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
Frequently asked questions for Gliclazide
Q. Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q. Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q. What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.