Information about Gliclazide
Gliclazide is used to lower the blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet, physical exercise and weight reduction alone are not adequate.. It is used along with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
How Gliclazide works
is an antidiabetic medication. It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood sugar levels.
Common side effects of Gliclazide
Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level), Dizziness, Headache, Nausea, Weight gain, Gastrointestinal disturbance
Available Medicine for Gliclazide
DiamicronSerdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd
₹69 to ₹2155 variant(s)
GlizidPanacea Biotec Ltd
₹37 to ₹1196 variant(s)
ReclideDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹59 to ₹3758 variant(s)
GlycinormIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹49 to ₹1948 variant(s)
DianormMicro Labs Ltd
₹59 to ₹1105 variant(s)
GlzAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹17 to ₹2173 variant(s)
₹47 to ₹1324 variant(s)
GlycigonAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹38 to ₹735 variant(s)
EuclideAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹56 to ₹1083 variant(s)
GlychekIndoco Remedies Ltd
₹67 to ₹1153 variant(s)
Expert advice for Gliclazide
- Take it shortly before or with the first main meal of the day (usually breakfast). Avoid skipping meals.
- Be careful while driving or operating machinery until you know how Gliclazide affects you.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor and anxiety.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms, such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).