Information about Gliclazide
Gliclazide is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How gliclazide works
Gliclazide is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose.
Common side effects of gliclazide
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Gliclazide
- ₹60 to ₹167Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹120Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹120Panacea Biotec Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹100Ipca Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹100Micro Labs Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹91Indi Pharma4 variant(s)
- ₹32 to ₹52Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹166Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹67Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹42Bal Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Gliclazide
- Gliclazide helps to control blood sugar level and avoids long-term complications.
- Take Gliclazide 30 minutes before meal, preferably your first large meal of the day.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) is a common side-effect; learn how to identify and manage its symptoms (sweating, rapid heartbeat, weakness, blurry vision, headache) and teach your family as well.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Gliclazide.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver diseases.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines along with Gliclazide.
Frequently asked questions for Gliclazide
Q. Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q. Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q. What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.