Information about Gliclazide
Gliclazide is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How gliclazide works
Gliclazide is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose.
Common side effects of gliclazide
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Gliclazide
- ₹60 to ₹167Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹120Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹120Panacea Biotec Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹100Ipca Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹93Micro Labs Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹83Indi Pharma4 variant(s)
- ₹32 to ₹52Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹166Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹61Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹42Bal Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Gliclazide
- Gliclazide should be taken with food.
- You may get symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) with Gliclazide. Symptoms are dizziness, nausea, tremor, sweating or confusion.
- The risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may increase if you miss or delay the meal, consume alcohol or use antidiabetic medication like insulin.
- In most cases, the symptoms will quickly vanish if you take some kind of sugar (sugar candy/cubes).
- It should be avoided or used with caution if you are also taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs), alcohol, β-blockers and ACE inhibitors.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Gliclazide
Q. Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q. Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q. What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.