Information about Gliclazide
Gliclazide is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is used along with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
How Gliclazide works
is an antidiabetic medication. It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood sugar levels.
Common side effects of Gliclazide
Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level), Indigestion, Upset stomach
Available Medicine for Gliclazide
DiamicronSerdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd
₹70 to ₹1894 variant(s)
ReclideDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹59 to ₹1977 variant(s)
GlizidPanacea Biotec Ltd
₹37 to ₹1194 variant(s)
GlycinormIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹49 to ₹1265 variant(s)
DianormMicro Labs Ltd
₹40 to ₹1015 variant(s)
GlzAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹17 to ₹2073 variant(s)
₹43 to ₹1004 variant(s)
GlycigonAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹38 to ₹735 variant(s)
EuclideAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹51 to ₹802 variant(s)
GlychekIndoco Remedies Ltd
₹62 to ₹1093 variant(s)
Expert advice for Gliclazide
- Take it shortly before or with the first main meal of the day (usually breakfast). Avoid skipping meals.
- Be careful while driving or operating machinery until you know how Gliclazide affects you.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor and anxiety.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms, such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).