Information about Ursodeoxycholic Acid
Ursodeoxycholic Acid Uses
Ursodeoxycholic Acid is used in the treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis and gallbladder stones.
How Ursodeoxycholic Acid works
Ursodeoxycholic Acid is a hepatoprotective medication. It works by reducing the amount of cholesterol in the blood and helps dissolve gallbladder stones that are composed mainly of cholesterol. It also improves liver enzymes, protects liver cells from injury caused due to toxic bile acids, and improves liver function.
Common side effects of Ursodeoxycholic Acid
Abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Hair loss, Itching, Nausea, Rash, Headache, Back pain, Abdominal discomfort, Allergy, Chest pain, Fatigue, Dyspepsia, Flatulence, Vomiting, Joint pain, Joint inflammation, Muscle pain, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Bronchitis (inflammation of the airways), Cough, Sinus inflammation, Upper respiratory tract infection, Urinary tract infection
Available Medicine for Ursodeoxycholic Acid
₹72 to ₹6957 variant(s)
UrsocolSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹153 to ₹6547 variant(s)
₹128 to ₹4215 variant(s)
UrsofordLeeford Healthcare Ltd
₹145 to ₹4503 variant(s)
GolbiIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹159 to ₹6506 variant(s)
₹117 to ₹5716 variant(s)
UrsomaxZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹164 to ₹4393 variant(s)
UrsetorTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹172 to ₹4363 variant(s)
UrsokemAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹106 to ₹3374 variant(s)
SorbidiolFranco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹165 to ₹2912 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ursodeoxycholic Acid
- Ursodeoxycholic Acid should be taken after a meal with a glass of milk or water.
- Eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly, and avoid alcohol intake.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if diarrhea persists or if you find blood in your stools.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function and bilirubin levels every month for the next 3 months after the start of therapy, and every 6 months thereafter.
- Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor.