Information about Ursodeoxycholic Acid
Ursodeoxycholic Acid Uses
Ursodeoxycholic Acid is used in the treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis and gallbladder stones.
How Ursodeoxycholic Acid works
Ursodeoxycholic Acid is a hepatoprotective medication. It works by reducing the amount of cholesterol in the blood and helps dissolve gallbladder stones that are composed mainly of cholesterol. It also improves liver enzymes, protects liver cells from injury caused due to toxic bile acids, and improves liver function.
Common side effects of Ursodeoxycholic Acid
Abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Hair loss, Itching, Nausea, Rash, Headache, Back pain, Abdominal discomfort, Allergy, Chest pain, Fatigue, Dyspepsia, Flatulence, Vomiting, Joint pain, Joint inflammation, Muscle pain, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Bronchitis (inflammation of the airways), Cough, Sinus inflammation, Upper respiratory tract infection, Urinary tract infection
Available Medicine for Ursodeoxycholic Acid
₹72 to ₹7646 variant(s)
₹141 to ₹4215 variant(s)
₹117 to ₹6276 variant(s)
UrsomaxZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹198 to ₹4833 variant(s)
UrsetorTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹189 to ₹4793 variant(s)
UrsokemAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹106 to ₹3704 variant(s)
SorbidiolFranco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹181 to ₹3192 variant(s)
UdihepWin-Medicare Pvt Ltd
₹326 to ₹5072 variant(s)
BilefixDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹595 to ₹9232 variant(s)
HepakindMankind Pharma Ltd
₹29 to ₹4205 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ursodeoxycholic Acid
- Ursodeoxycholic Acid should be taken after a meal with a glass of milk or water.
- Eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly, and avoid alcohol intake.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if diarrhea persists or if you find blood in your stools.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function and bilirubin levels every month for the next 3 months after the start of therapy, and every 6 months thereafter.
- Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor.