Information about Ursodeoxycholic Acid
Ursodeoxycholic Acid Uses
Ursodeoxycholic Acid is used in the treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis and gallbladder stones.
How Ursodeoxycholic Acid works
Ursodeoxycholic Acid is a hepatoprotective medication. It works by reducing the amount of cholesterol in the blood and helps dissolve gallbladder stones that are composed mainly of cholesterol. It also improves liver enzymes, protects liver cells from injury caused due to toxic bile acids, and improves liver function.
Common side effects of Ursodeoxycholic Acid
Nausea, Rash, Hair loss, Itching, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Ursodeoxycholic Acid
₹72 to ₹6317 variant(s)
UrsocolSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹153 to ₹5957 variant(s)
₹116 to ₹4215 variant(s)
UrsofordLeeford Healthcare Ltd
₹145 to ₹4503 variant(s)
GolbiIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹159 to ₹6506 variant(s)
₹117 to ₹3804 variant(s)
UrsomaxZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹149 to ₹4003 variant(s)
UrsetorTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹156 to ₹3963 variant(s)
UrsokemAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹88 to ₹3064 variant(s)
SorbidiolFranco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹151 to ₹2652 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ursodeoxycholic Acid
- Ursodeoxycholic Acid should be taken after a meal with a glass of milk or water.
- Eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly and avoid alcohol intake.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if diarrhea persists or if you find blood in your stools.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function and bilirubin levels every month for next 3 months after the start of therapy, and every 6 months thereafter.
- Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor.