Substitutes for DEPILOX TABLET
Medicine Overview of DEPILOX TABLET
Uses of DEPILOX TABLET
It is used in patients intolerant of or unresponsive to alternative treatment options for depression.
Side effects of DEPILOX TABLET
Sleepiness, Blurred vision, Weight gain, Dry mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Difficulty in urination, Increased heart rate, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Constipation, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dystonia.
How to use DEPILOX TABLET
How DEPILOX TABLET works
In Depth Information on DEPILOX TABLET
Expert advice for DEPILOX TABLET
- The main dose should be taken at night as this drug may produce drowsiness or sleepiness.
- It can take 4 to 6 weeks for Amoxapine to start working.
- You should continue the treatment for at least 6 months after you feel better to stop depression from coming back.
- If your doctor asks you to stop Amoxapine, you should reduce the dose slowly over 4 weeks. You should not discontinue it abruptly.
- Avoid driving or operating machinery as it may decrease alertness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Amoxapine, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The addiction/dependence potential of Amoxapine is very less.
- It may be extremely dangerous in overdose.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.