food interaction for CARTIMAX (PHARMED)
alcohol interaction for CARTIMAX (PHARMED)
pregnancy interaction for CARTIMAX (PHARMED)
lactation interaction for CARTIMAX (PHARMED)
SALT INFORMATION for CARTIMAX (PHARMED)
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CARTIMAX (PHARMED)
- CARTILAMINE 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.60/tabletRs. 66save 13% more per tablet
- LUBRIPAD TABLET(60 tablets in bottle)Aeran Lab India Pvt LtdRs. 3.50/tabletRs. 210save 54% more per tablet
- GLUCART 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Juggat PharmaRs. 4.35/tabletRs. 43.50save 43% more per tablet
- CARTISAFE 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.81/tabletRs. 58.10save 23% more per tablet
- GSO4 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 5.23/tabletRs. 52.26save 31% more per tablet
- Dr. Ashok KumarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Rajiva GuptaMBBS, DNB, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Naval MendirattaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Divya AgarwalMBBS, MD, DNB
Expert advice for CARTIMAX (PHARMED)
- Do not take glucosamine, if you are allergic to glucosamine or shell fish.
- Avoid taking glucosamine, if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: diabetes; high cholesterol or triglycerides; cancer; liver disease; asthma or breathing disorder.
- Do not continue the glucosamine, if you are having surgery.
Frequently asked questions for CARTIMAX (PHARMED)
Q.Is glucosamine good for joints/ arthritis?
Yes,glucosamine is used as an aid to relieve joint pain, swelling and stiffness due to arthritis
Q.Is glucosamine safe for diabetics?
No,it is not safe for diabetics. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.Is glucosamine a steroid/ blood thinner?
No,it is a sugar protein and not a steroid/blood thinner
Q.How long can I take glucosamine for?
Patient may take glucosamine for prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take glucosamine with statins/ calcium/ blood thinners/ levothyroxine/ beta blockers/ naproxen/ coffee/ warfarin/ blood pressure tablets?
Patient should not take glucosamine along with warfarin.Taking other medicines with glucosamine may alter the effects of glucosamine.Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does glucosamine increase weight/ cause gas/ affect blood pressure/ increase blood sugar?
Glucosamine causing these side effects is very rare. However consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.