Information about Glucosamine
Glucosamine is used in osteoarthritis.
Common side effects of glucosamine
Nausea, Abdominal cramp, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Glucosamine
- ₹262 to ₹524Pharmed Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹84 to ₹260Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹150Panacea Biotec Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹72Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹43Juggat Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹94Canixa Life Sciences Pvt1 variant(s)
- ₹39Psychotropics India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹52Bal Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹89Healers Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Glucosamine
- Do not take glucosamine, if you are allergic to glucosamine or shell fish.
- Avoid taking glucosamine, if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: diabetes; high cholesterol or triglycerides; cancer; liver disease; asthma or breathing disorder.
- Do not continue the glucosamine, if you are having surgery.
Frequently asked questions for Glucosamine
Q. Is Glucosamine good for joints/ arthritis?
Yes,Glucosamine is used as an aid to relieve joint pain, swelling and stiffness due to arthritis
Q. Is Glucosamine safe for diabetics?
No,it is not safe for diabetics. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q. Is Glucosamine a steroid/ blood thinner?
No,it is a sugar protein and not a steroid/blood thinner
Q. How long can I take Glucosamine for?
Patient may take Glucosamine for prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take glucosamine with statins/ calcium/ blood thinners/ levothyroxine/ beta blockers/ naproxen/ coffee/ warfarin/ blood pressure tablets?
Patient should not take glucosamine along with warfarin.Taking other medicines with glucosamine may alter the effects of glucosamine.Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does Glucosamine increase weight/ cause gas/ affect blood pressure/ increase blood sugar?
Glucosamine causing these side effects is very rare. However consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.