Medicine Overview of Carbolith Tablet
Side effects of Carbolith Tablet
Tremor, Slurred speech, Uncoordinated body movements, Nausea, Acne, Increased white blood cell count, Memory impairment, Hair loss, Enlarged thyroid gland, Skin rash, Increased thirst, Weight gain, Polyuria, Diarrhoea.
How to use Carbolith Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Carbolith 300mg Tablet with food.
How Carbolith Tablet works
Carbolith 300mg tablet works by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Carbolith Tablet
Expert advice for Carbolith Tablet
- Your doctor may ask you to continue Carbolith for a long time. You must not stop taking it or change the dose, without speaking to your doctor first.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is within 4 hours of the next dose, skip the missed dose (about 6 hours in the case of extended- or slow-release preparations). Never double up doses.
- Despite your inconvenience and discomfort, your Carbolith blood levels, thyroid function, and kidney function need to be monitored as long as you take Carbolith.
- During treatment with Carbolith, it is recommended that you drink about 2 to 3 liter of fluid daily and use normal amounts of salt. Inform your doctor if you start or stop a low-salt diet.
- Avoid sudden change in your diet or fluid intake. If you do go on a diet, your doctor may need to increase the frequency of blood tests.
- Do not start any medicine including herbal or ayurvedic without telling your doctor. As it may significantly change the Carbolith levels.
- Caffeine and alcohol act as diuretics and can lower your Carbolith concentrations.
- If you engage in vigorous exercise or have an illness that causes sweating, vomiting, or diarrhoea, consult your doctor because these might affect Carbolith levels.
- Nausea, constipation, shakiness, increased thirst, frequent urination, weight gain, or swelling of the extremities should be reported to your doctor. Your doctor may adjust the dose.
- Blurred vision, confusion, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, vomiting, muscle weakness, lethargy, shakiness, slurred speech, dizziness, loss of balance, inability to urinate, or seizure could indicate severe toxicity and should prompt immediate medical attention.
Special precautions for Carbolith 300mg Tablet
Carbolith 300mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Carbolith 300mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Carbolith 300mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactat+more
ion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Carbolith 300mg Tablet may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Carbolith 300mg Tablet may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures)....
Carbolith 300mg Tablet may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Carbolith 300mg Tablet may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures).
Carbolith 300mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Carbolith 300mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Carbolith 300mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Carbolith 300mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Carbolith 300mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients w+more
ith liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Carbolith 300mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Cordarone 150mg Injection 3ml, Eurythmic 150mg Injection, Tachyra 100mg Tablet, Paliris 6mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Carbolith 300mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Lithium
Carbolith can be taken to treat depression and anxiety. Do consult your doctor before use
Acetaminophen or aspirin can be taken with Carbolith for headache or pain. Do consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take lithium with ibuprofen, Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Benadryl?
Lithium when taken with ibuprofen, fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft) or Benadryl can lead to increased side effects. Do consult your doctor before use
Carbolith can cause weight gain, acne, constipation, make you tired. Carbolith does not make you high.
Substitutes for Carbolith Tablet
Lithosun 300mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Licab 300mg Tablet
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Intalith 300mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Litholent 300mg Tablet
Lithicab 300mg Tablet
Tas Med India Pvt Ltd