Medicine Overview of Caprogen Injection
Uses of Caprogen Injection
Caprogen 500mg Injection is used in preterm labor.
Side effects of Caprogen Injection
Edema, Abdominal bloating, Anxiety, Irritability, Depression, Muscle pain.
How to use Caprogen Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Caprogen Injection works
Caprogen 500mg Injection is a progestin (female hormones). It works as part of hormone replacement therapy by replacing the amount of oestrogen in the uterus. It works to bring on menstruation by replacing the natural progesterone that some women are missing.
In Depth Information on Caprogen Injection
Expert advice for Caprogen Injection
- Tell your doctor if you have diabetes, pre-diabetes (high blood sugar levels, but not high enough to be called diabetes) or a family history of diabetes, before taking hydroxyprogesterone.
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure during pregnancy (preeclampsia), fits (epilepsy), heart or kidney functioning problems, you should be monitored for fluid retention while on treatment with Hydroxyprogesterone.
- Tell your doctor if you have severe pulsating headaches (migraines), asthma, history of depression or high blood pressure (hypertension), before taking Hydroxyprogesterone.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you notice any signs of depression or jaundice.
- Consult your doctor regarding continuing treatment with hydroxyprogesterone after delivery and during breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Caprogen 500mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Caprogen 500mg Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Caprogen 500mg Injection is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
Nonhormonal contraceptives are preferred in breastfeeding women, especially during the first 4 weeks postpartum...
Nonhormonal contraceptives are preferred in breastfeeding women, especially during the first 4 weeks postpartum
Caprogen 500mg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Caprogen 500mg Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.+more
This medicine contains progesterone which can cause fluid retention in patients with underlying kidney disease....
This medicine contains progesterone which can cause fluid retention in patients with underlying kidney disease.
There is limited information available on the use of Caproge+more
n 500mg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Caprogen 500mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Hydroxyprogesterone
Q. Is hydroxyprogesterone the same as progesterone?
No. Progesterone is a natural sex hormone produced by the body and hydroxyprogesterone is its synthetic form. Both have different physiological effects and are used for the treatment of different conditions
Q. Is hydroxyprogesterone safe?
It is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Substitutes for Caprogen Injection
Anin 500mg Injection
Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd
₹102.45/ml of Injection
Maintane 500mg Injection
Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹118.5/ml of Injection
Hpg Depot 500mg Injection
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹15.62/ml of Injection
Prolustar Depo 500mg Injection
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹20/ml of Injection
Uniprogestin 500mg Injection
Unichem Laboratories Ltd
₹25.74/ml of Injection