Medicine Overview of Bivaflo Injection
How to use Bivaflo Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Bivaflo Injection works
Bivaflo 250mg Injection is an anticoagulant that prevents the formation of harmful blood clots.
In Depth Information on Bivaflo Injection
Expert advice for Bivaflo Injection
- Regularly check for any signs and symptoms of bleeding and allergy during the treatment with bivalirudin.
- Inform your doctor if you have been previously been treated with bivalirudin or similar medicines like lepirudin.
- Inform your doctor if you are undergoing radiation treatment in the vessels that supply blood to the heart (treatment called beta or gamma brachytherapy).
- You may require hospital stay of at least 24 hours for monitoring any signs and symptoms leading to serious cardiac events.
- Before you take bivalirudin, inform your doctor if you suffer from liver/kidney/heart problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking other blood thinners or medicines to prevent blood clots.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Bivaflo Injection related warnings
Special precautions for Bivaflo Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Bivaflo 250mg Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Bivaflo 250mg Injection is probably unsafe to use during lac+more
tation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Not relevant, as Bivaflo 250mg Injection is intended for use in hospitalised patients.
Bivaflo 250mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Bivaflo 250mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Bivaflo 250mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease and patients undergoing dialysis....
Use of Bivaflo 250mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease and patients undergoing dialysis.
Bivaflo 250mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients+more
with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Bivaflo 250mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions about Bivaflo Injection
Frequently asked questions about Bivalirudin
Bivaflo is used to prevent the formation of blood clots in patients with chest pain due to heart disease (acute coronary syndromes - ACS) and who have undergone procedures to treat blockages in their blood vessels (angioplasty and/or percutaneous coronary intervention - PCI)
Bivaflo is metabolized by enzymes called as proteases, which break down Bivaflo into inactive products
Bivaflo belongs to a class of drugs called parenteral anticoagulant, i.e. it is a blood-thinning agent that prevents formation of blood clots, and is administered by injection
Yes, Bivaflo can cause increase in INR, which is a laboratory test to detect the ability of blood to clot. Increased INR indicates decreased clotting of blood
Bivaflo increases the ACT, indicating reduced blood clotting ability
Bivaflo acts by preventing the formation of clot in the blood vessels.
Substitutes for Bivaflo Injection
Bivamax 250mg Injection
Bivasave 250mg Injection
Bivastat 250mg Injection
₹1386/ml of Injection
Gennomax 250mg Injection
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Flopace 250mg Injection
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd