food interaction for BIVAMAX
alcohol interaction for BIVAMAX
pregnancy interaction for BIVAMAX
lactation interaction for BIVAMAX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BIVAMAX
It is also used in surgery to treat blockages in heart blood vessels (angioplasty and/or percutaneous coronary intervention).
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BIVAMAX
- BIVASAVE 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 9060.95/injectionRs. 9060.95pay 67% more per injection
- BIVASTAT 250MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 1386/ML of injectionRs. 6930save 74% more per ML of injection
- GENNOMAX 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5860/injectionRs. 5860pay 8% more per injection
- NUBIMAX 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9000/injectionRs. 9000pay 66% more per injection
- BIVACS 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9198.23/injectionRs. 9198.23pay 69% more per injection
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for BIVAMAX
- Regularly check for any signs and symptoms of bleeding and allergy during the treatment with bivalirudin.
- Inform your doctor if you have been previously been treated with bivalirudin or similar medicines like lepirudin.
- Inform your doctor if you are undergoing radiation treatment in the vessels that supply blood to the heart (treatment called beta or gamma brachytherapy).
- You may require hospital stay of at least 24 hours for monitoring any signs and symptoms leading to serious cardiac events.
- Before you take bivalirudin, inform your doctor if you suffer from liver/kidney/heart problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking other blood thinners or medicines to prevent blood clots.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for BIVAMAX
Q.What is bivalirudin used for?
Bivalirudin is used to prevent the formation of blood clots in patients with chest pain due to heart disease (acute coronary syndromes - ACS) and who have undergone procedures to treat blockages in their blood vessels (angioplasty and/or percutaneous coronary intervention - PCI)
Q.How is bivalirudin metabolized?
Bivalirudin is metabolized by enzymes called as proteases, which break down bivalirudin into inactive products
Q.What class is bivalirudin?
Bivalirudin belongs to a class of drugs called parenteral anticoagulant, i.e. it is a blood-thinning agent that prevents formation of blood clots, and is administered by injection
Q.Does bivalirudin affect International Normalized Ratio (INR)?
Yes, bivalirudin can cause increase in INR, which is a laboratory test to detect the ability of blood to clot. Increased INR indicates decreased clotting of blood
Q.Does bivalirudin affect activated clotting time (ACT)?
Bivalirudin increases the ACT, indicating reduced blood clotting ability
Q.How does bivalirudin work?
Bivalirudin acts by preventing the formation of clot in the blood vessels.