How it works
Common side effects
- 2 variant(s)
- Dasatinib is not recommended for use in patients <18 years of age.
- Do not take medicines that neutralise stomach acids (antacids) within 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking dasatinib.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking medicines to thin the blood or prevent clots, if you have or have had liver or heart problem or if you start having difficulty breathing, chest pain, or a cough while taking dasatinib.
- Exercise caution while taking dasatinib if you have been diagnosed with intolerance to lactose.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking dasatinib as it may cause dizziness and blurring of vision.
- Avoid if allergic to dasatinib or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with dasatinib?
Using dasatinib together with ibuprofen may increase the risk of bleeding. The interaction may be more likely if you are an elderly or have kidney or liver disease. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Is dasatinib FDA approved?
Dasatinib is FDA approved for the use in the treatment of adults with chronic phase, accelerated phase, or myeloid or lymphoid blast phase chronic myeloid leukaemia.