food interaction for BIVASAVE
alcohol interaction for BIVASAVE
pregnancy interaction for BIVASAVE
lactation interaction for BIVASAVE
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BIVASAVE
It is also used in surgery to treat blockages in heart blood vessels (angioplasty and/or percutaneous coronary intervention).
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BIVASAVE
- BIVASTAT 250MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 1386/ML of injectionRs. 6930save 85% more per ML of injection
- BIVAMAX 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 5428.90/injectionRs. 5428.90save 40% more per injection
- GENNOMAX 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5860/injectionRs. 5860save 35% more per injection
- NUBIMAX 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9000/injectionRs. 9000save 1% more per injection
- BIVAFLO 250MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 6290/ML of injectionRs. 6290save 31% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for BIVASAVE
- Regularly check for any signs and symptoms of bleeding and allergy during the treatment with bivalirudin.
- Inform your doctor if you have been previously been treated with bivalirudin or similar medicines like lepirudin.
- Inform your doctor if you are undergoing radiation treatment in the vessels that supply blood to the heart (treatment called beta or gamma brachytherapy).
- You may require hospital stay of at least 24 hours for monitoring any signs and symptoms leading to serious cardiac events.
- Before you take bivalirudin, inform your doctor if you suffer from liver/kidney/heart problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking other blood thinners or medicines to prevent blood clots.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for BIVASAVE
Q.What is bivalirudin used for?
Bivalirudin is used to prevent the formation of blood clots in patients with chest pain due to heart disease (acute coronary syndromes - ACS) and who have undergone procedures to treat blockages in their blood vessels (angioplasty and/or percutaneous coronary intervention - PCI)
Q.How is bivalirudin metabolized?
Bivalirudin is metabolized by enzymes called as proteases, which break down bivalirudin into inactive products
Q.What class is bivalirudin?
Bivalirudin belongs to a class of drugs called parenteral anticoagulant, i.e. it is a blood-thinning agent that prevents formation of blood clots, and is administered by injection
Q.Does bivalirudin affect International Normalized Ratio (INR)?
Yes, bivalirudin can cause increase in INR, which is a laboratory test to detect the ability of blood to clot. Increased INR indicates decreased clotting of blood
Q.Does bivalirudin affect activated clotting time (ACT)?
Bivalirudin increases the ACT, indicating reduced blood clotting ability
Q.How does bivalirudin work?
Bivalirudin acts by preventing the formation of clot in the blood vessels.