food interaction for ALDACTONE
alcohol interaction for ALDACTONE
pregnancy interaction for ALDACTONE
lactation interaction for ALDACTONE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ALDACTONE
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ALDACTONE 25 MG TABLET
Patients taking ALDACTONE 25 MG TABLET
- 79%Once A Day
- 16%Twice A Day
- 2%Thrice A Day
- 2%Alternate Day
- 1%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for ALDACTONE
- SPIRONOLACTONE 25MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Jan AushadhiRs. 1.60/tabletRs. 24.06save 19% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for ALDACTONE
- If you have kidney disease, Addison’s disease (an adrenal gland disorder), liver disease, heart disease.
- If you have high levels of potassium in your blood (hyperkalemia).
- if you are also taking eplerenone or other potassium sparing diuretics.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance (such as low levels of magnesium in your blood).
- if you take an NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug), cholestyramine, heparin, lithium, heart or blood pressure medication, potassium supplements, steroid medicine, or another diuretic.
Frequently asked questions for ALDACTONE
Q.Is spironolactone an ACE inhibitor/thiazide diuretic/corticosteroid/steroid/ beta blocker?
No, spironolactone belongs to a class of medications called aldosterone receptor antagonists
Q.Is spironolactone safe?
Spironolactone is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is spironolactone over the counter drug?
No, it is available as prescription drug
Q.Is spironolactone used for weight control, birth control, for acne, loss of hair?
No, spironolactone is used in the treatment of failure of heart, resulting in fluid build-up in lungs or other body tissue (congestive cardiac failure), chronic liver disease (hepatic cirrhosis) with accumulation of fluid in peritoneum liver (ascites and edema), malignant ascites, nephrotic syndrome, diagnosis and treatment of primary aldosteronism
Q.What is spironolactone/Dytor plus/Aldactone?
Spironolactone/Dytor plus/Aldactone belongs to a class of medications called aldosterone receptor antagonists
Q.Can spironolactone/Dytor plus/Aldactone cause cancer, hair loss, depression, insomnia, lower blood pressure, constipation, increase estrogen, weight loss?
Spironolactone/Dytor plus/Aldactone can causes hair loss, increase estrogen constipation. Always consult your doctor about possible side effects
Q.Can i take spironolactone/Aldactone with ibuprofen/vitamins/ antibiotics/ phentermine/ metformin amoxicillin/ Adderall(amphetamine and dextroamphitamine/ Accutane (isotretinoin)/ Benadryl (diphenhydramine)/ Tylenol (acetaminophen)/ Lasix (furosemide)?
Indometacin may increase the diuretic effect of spironolactone. Patients should follow doctors advice regarding its use
Q.Does spironolactone affect birth control?
No, Always consult your doctor about possible effects.